Balanacing Premade Characters (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Marble7 -> Balanacing Premade Characters (3/8/2015 9:54:08 PM)

So I've been working on modding a few races into game and thinking about creating premade characters for them. However i'm not exactly sure how to balance characters so I race won't become overpowered. With race.txt I could just use a race that was similar to mine and just deviate things from there. Is there a specific amount of total skill points that an average character has? Or should i just try to specifcy one skill and leave the rest random, head hurts [&:].

Rosbjerg -> RE: Balanacing Premade Characters (3/12/2015 10:26:40 AM)

It's not like one character will completely make a faction OP I think - But I'll mostly set my premades to start with 1 or 2 random skills at 5-10

Marble7 -> RE: Balanacing Premade Characters (3/14/2015 11:50:10 PM)

Did some researching and it seems that skill around 10 with a random trait would probably create an average character. This doesn't include leaders since they tend to have more traits and skills. By putting a question mark on the skill level of a skill in the character document the character will be given a skill of 1-20. Then with a random trait additional skills can be granted or taken away.

For above average characters, you would probably give them two skills + a random trait or a skill + a preset good trait.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI