Snorkeling Subs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

grbwm -> Snorkeling Subs (3/11/2015 5:46:08 PM)

I tried looking around to no avail, so sorry if this is obvious.

How do you get Diesel Subs to snorkel? Just leave them at periscope depth?

Is there an indication anywhere that they are snorkeling and can it be turned off/on?

Questions came up while trying to get through the Kuril Islands during the Regulas scenario.

Dave

thewood1 -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/11/2015 6:05:31 PM)

Quick search using the search button shows several threads including this one...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3482220&mpage=1&key=periscope�

Vici Supreme -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/11/2015 6:15:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: grbwm

How do you get Diesel Subs to snorkel? Just leave them at periscope depth?

I think you found a bug here. Normally, it's like you said, simply order them to periscope depth, they will continue with their diesels and recharge the batteries themself. I've just checked and now even submarines with snorkel continue on battery while on periscope depth. That might be something to post in the tech support once the devs get back to work.

Supreme

davidfagnand -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/11/2015 6:31:20 PM)

That's what I thought I was experiencing. I'll post it over there. Dave

MirabelleBenou -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/11/2015 6:45:45 PM)

I think Sunburn will go crazy with this one %-)

Anyway, as of the last official,patch, when on periscope depth or shallower, diesel subs should now always snort.

So it should be a bug now.

Edit : more details here :

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3818393

So not a bug :)

thewood1 -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/11/2015 6:50:46 PM)

Make sure there are no ships in the area. A change was made that a sub won't switch to diesels if a hostile and maybe even a neutral ship is in the area.

jarraya -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/11/2015 8:02:18 PM)

I think the Devs are looking into this logic. Might be best we wait for them to get back and pick it up.

Vici Supreme -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/11/2015 9:00:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MirabelleBenou

I think Sunburn will go crazy with this one %-)

Anyway, as of the last official,patch, when on periscope depth or shallower, diesel subs should now always snort.

So it should be a bug now.

Edit : more details here :

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3818393

So not a bug :)

Yeah, I remember I read something about this too with one of the devs saying that the diesels are used when the battery charge has dropped to 1/4 or 1/5. Before I wrote my first post here, I went to the editor and ran a quick test with a Russian Lada-class and a Venezuelan sub. Both ran out of battery at periscope depth, leading both to lay dead in the water (and not engaging their diesels). To answer woods argument, no other units were nearby.

Supreme

AlexGGGG -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/11/2015 9:31:24 PM)

I have to confirm that I am experiencing "diesel subs never recharge unless battery is empty" in, well, all cases.

magi -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/12/2015 6:48:50 AM)

I too thought… Or read somewhere that when you're at periscope depth the batteries will be by default recharging... However I have noticed in the past separated Persiscope we're not recharging the batteries… I have a check this on 107 yet....

mikmykWS -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/13/2015 12:16:37 AM)

Answer here

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3818393&mpage=1&key=�

greycat -> RE: Snorkeling Subs (3/15/2015 8:10:51 AM)

[/quote]

Yeah, I remember I read something about this too with one of the devs saying that the diesels are used when the battery charge has dropped to 1/4 or 1/5. Before I wrote my first post here, I went to the editor and ran a quick test with a Russian Lada-class and a Venezuelan sub. Both ran out of battery at periscope depth, leading both to lay dead in the water (and not engaging their diesels). To answer woods argument, no other units were nearby.

Supreme
[/quote]

The same thing has happened to me in 'Canary's Cage'.[:@] One of my subs has exhausted it's batteries and has been sitting at periscope depth for several hours, unable to move or recharge. Nothing I can do will make it use it's diesel engines - even on the surface.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI