ASW patrol (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

greycat -> ASW patrol (3/11/2015 8:51:45 PM)

When I set up an ASW patrol mission with my ship-based helicopters, all of the assigned a/c take of immediately. This seems to be irrespective of my selecting the 1/3 rule or requesting a certain number of units to be maintained on station. Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong, or is this what is meant to happen?[&:]

Apologies if this has already been raised, but I can't find it. I'm using v1.07

Vici Supreme -> RE: ASW patrol (3/11/2015 9:11:29 PM)

hmm, if you could post a save file maybe some guys around could see and figure out what's going on! [8D]

Supreme

greycat -> RE: ASW patrol (3/11/2015 11:09:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

hmm, if you could post a save file maybe some guys around could see and figure out what's going on! [8D]

Supreme

I'm not sure how to attach a save file but here is a screenshot.

magi -> RE: ASW patrol (3/12/2015 6:41:17 AM)

I think I remember having this happen to me once… I suspect it's because you didn't check the one third rule… And you assigned five units to the mission…but who knows I could be wrong… I tend to micromanage those missions and I only assign a couple units at a time and when they rotate out I often will unassigned them and then launch the manually… Or later reassign them to the same mission… But I'm a terrible micromanager...

greycat -> RE: ASW patrol (3/12/2015 7:25:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: magi

I think I remember having this happen to me once… I suspect it's because you didn't check the one third rule… And you assigned five units to the mission…but who knows I could be wrong… I tend to micromanage those missions and I only assign a couple units at a time and when they rotate out I often will unassigned them and then launch the manually… Or later reassign them to the same mission… But I'm a terrible micromanager...

I tried it with the 1/3 box ticked and the same thing happened.... according to the v1.06 manual the minimum number value should apply if the 1/3 rule is not used. I don't remember having this problem in the past - maybe it is a v1.07 error. It does not seem to happen with other types of patrol mission (e.g. AAW). Seems as if I will have to micromanage my ASW patrols for the time being. [:(]

Helderik -> RE: ASW patrol (3/12/2015 1:55:47 PM)

Had the same with support missions for helicopters in an AEW role and for tanker support missions with 4 tankers taking off at once.

Erik

thewood1 -> RE: ASW patrol (3/12/2015 2:21:41 PM)

Zip the save game file
Use the post reply button at the bottom of the thread
Attach file to message

greycat -> RE: ASW patrol (3/12/2015 6:51:08 PM)

Have now managed to attach save game![:D]

jun5896 -> RE: ASW patrol (3/12/2015 6:58:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: greycat

Have now managed to attach save game![:D]

Good Job! I refer to save file. [:)]

jun5896 -> RE: ASW patrol (3/12/2015 7:30:36 PM)

I think this is bug. I agree this opinion. I checked with 1/3rd rule or not, also check try to keep 1 unit, and tested ASW Mission, Support Mission. But four helicopters took off at the same time from each ships.

thewood1 -> RE: ASW patrol (3/12/2015 11:50:41 PM)

So I tried another scenario. It seemed to work correctly there. But a major difference is all the ASW aircraft came from one base/ship. I suspect something is going on if all the patrol craft are coming from different ships. I will test that later.

mikmykWS -> RE: ASW patrol (3/12/2015 11:59:17 PM)

Pretty sure its always been by airbase/ship. If you pick from different ships or airbases they are not treated as one pool but many.

Thanks!

Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI