air field damage (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

MuguNiner -> air field damage (3/15/2015 8:01:18 PM)

Greetings,

Madras has not been attacked by the IJAF for a very long time. The garrison is more than required. Support is plentiful. Yet the air field has been damaged for quite a long time? What would cause this?

Thanks

[image]local://upfiles/13543/9A5B8FDBC9E24C7AA4E9CEF94EFD52D1.gif[/image]

Mike Solli -> RE: air field damage (3/15/2015 8:10:23 PM)

You need engineers or engineer vehicles to repair damage. Put some there and they'll take care of it.

Edit: You need them to build airfields, ports and forts as well.

MuguNiner -> RE: air field damage (3/15/2015 8:36:34 PM)

Ah, Thanks. Engineer and Engineer vehicle both zero.

witpqs -> RE: air field damage (3/15/2015 8:41:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MuguNiner

Ah, Thanks. Engineer and Engineer vehicle both zero.

Also, the units which contain the engineers/eng vehicles have to be in Combat mode for engineers to function!

bush -> RE: air field damage (3/16/2015 1:42:01 PM)

But not aviation support. I was never sure what this difference was/represented IRL.

dr.hal -> RE: air field damage (3/16/2015 3:19:23 PM)

It would appear that you had engineers there at one point, as your port and airfield have a % building on both. But those figures will not rise until the repairs are made on your airfield as those above have indicated. Aviation support only keeps your airplanes flying, those folks don't repair runways, etc. Hal

rustysi -> RE: air field damage (3/19/2015 1:31:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bushpsu

But not aviation support. I was never sure what this difference was/represented IRL.

My guess is this is a game decision and has nothing to do with RL. Set a unit with AS to rest and watch your A/C fall apart. Otherwise you'd need a lot more AS type units wherever A/C were stationed, and that's probably not possible, especially for Japan.

bush -> RE: air field damage (3/19/2015 1:24:59 PM)

Once I start a drive on Asia mainland I keep Aviation Support units in "strategic" mode. I lose the few building engineers present but can instantly leapfrog them forward to the next base and have the aircraft supported.

wdolson -> RE: air field damage (3/19/2015 10:44:12 PM)

I think most people would consider that a bit "gamey" (taking advantage of a game engine quirk to do something that couldn't happen in reality).

Against the AI, it doesn't care and that's one of those house rules for people to negotiate in a PBEM.

Bill

rustysi -> RE: air field damage (3/19/2015 11:43:00 PM)

quote:

Once I start a drive on Asia mainland I keep Aviation Support units in "strategic" mode. I lose the few building engineers present but can instantly leapfrog them forward to the next base and have the aircraft supported.

I haven't done this, at least not for that purpose. When moving AS units up if they come to a base that has ample support and I'm about to take the next one I will leave them in strategic mode, but their support isn't needed anyway. I do sometimes put AS units in rest mode to give the unit a chance to raise its moral a bit as I don't want it to get too low. I also will use them immediately as they're detraining.

quote:

I think most people would consider that a bit "gamey" (taking advantage of a game engine quirk to do something that couldn't happen in reality).

Against the AI, it doesn't care and that's one of those house rules for people to negotiate in a PBEM.

Bill

I see your point Bill. Now you've got me wondering about what I've been doing. Anyone with any comments.[&:]

rms1pa -> RE: air field damage (3/20/2015 5:25:27 AM)

quote:

I see your point Bill. Now you've got me wondering about what I've been doing. Anyone with any comments.

strat mode makes one vulnerable to air attack with lower AA so i would avoid front area strat mode

rms/pa

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI