RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

witpqs -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/20/2015 9:04:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: casmithasl

would someone help a 70 year old on how to get to the command line switches to change them. Someone was kind enough to do it a couple of years ago, but between hard drive crashes and new computers I've lost it.

Right-click on the shortcut you are using. Select 'Properties' and click on it, that will give you a window (with various tabs) showing the properties of the shortcut.

On the tab that is showing, you will see see two boxes where one can enter text. The first is labeled 'Target', and that is where it is told what program and where to find it, plus any switches to use. I know I've posted pictures of this whole process in the past. I don't seem to have them on my PC anymore.

Simulacra53 -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/26/2015 7:38:00 PM)

Any nvidia users willing to help me?

Having problems with a 780gtx

Comand line is self explanatory, but with a 1920x1080 native res monitor I just cannot get it to look right.
Full screen it doesn't really go higher res, it just up scales and windowed I seem to be stuck on 1024x768

Using latest nvidia drivers, not sure which scaling settings Inhave to use.
GPU vs monitor,
Aspect vs none vs full

Using gpu and none

Usd 80 for a game that cannot run native widescreen is painful, even if the game is good.

Simulacra53 -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/26/2015 9:50:49 PM)

Ok...I decided to reinstall the game and the latest update, and somehow it did the trick.
1920x1080 full screen 32bit
Time to dig in!

wdolson -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/27/2015 4:03:07 AM)

The later patches support many more command line switches than the EXE included with the purchased game.

Bill

Simulacra53 -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/27/2015 8:17:49 AM)

Thanks Bill,

In the end I don't know what went wrong.

With the initial install - base game + latest update - I was just stuck in the default resolution, although all other command line parameters seemed to work.
After the reinstall I did two things differently.
I made a clean short cut, instead of copying the exe and pasting it as a short cut.
Secondly I created a custom NVidia profile.

Neither should make any difference, but I cannot rule out some conflicting setting.

For the record I'll add my command line later (posting from my lap top).

This game looks completely different in HD and I'm really happy.
Still undecided which custom map I want to use, will play with that before starting out with my First Team.

EDIT: -f -altFont -dd_sw -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor

ETF -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/27/2015 11:53:11 PM)

OK have set up 2 of my 3 machines to work great......Have a new HP ENVY i7 but not having any luck. I have placed under vista compatibility and can't even get the video to not fire.

This is my stripped down command line - "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe" -skipVideo

I must be missing something at this late hour. Playing with this damn laptop for 3 hours :)

witpqs -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/28/2015 12:40:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

OK have set up 2 of my 3 machines to work great......Have a new HP ENVY i7 but not having any luck. I have placed under vista compatibility and can't even get the video to not fire.

This is my stripped down command line - "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe" -skipVideo

I must be missing something at this late hour. Playing with this damn laptop for 3 hours :)

Wrong! Do not run autorun.exe, run the game. It's: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe

I do not know if that will immediately fix the problems you are encountering, but that is the place to start.

ETF -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/28/2015 10:55:05 AM)

"Right click to edit the Properties on the “Quick Start” shortcut to the game (located in your Start Menu folder for War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition..."
Sorry on a business trip so don't have my other machines to look at....I edited the icon on my desktop with Windows 8. Which one should I be editing sir?

witpqs -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/28/2015 3:53:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

"Right click to edit the Properties on the “Quick Start” shortcut to the game (located in your Start Menu folder for War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition..."
Sorry on a business trip so don't have my other machines to look at....I edited the icon on my desktop with Windows 8. Which one should I be editing sir?

Sorry but I make my own shortcuts and just update them when necessary (new releases, whatever). In the past I've posted pics that you might be able to find (I don't seem to have them any more on my PC), but here is an overview.

- When you right click on any shortcut and click on 'Properties' you get a pop-up menu with multiple tabs. The one that comes up by default is the one of most interest to us.

- The two text boxes we are concerned with are labeled 'Target' and 'Start in'.

- 'Target' is the actual executable file for the game, and where you put any of these command line switches that are being discussed.

- 'Start in' is the folder (directory) that the PC tells the program it is starting in. Most of the time this will be the same place as the location of the executable file (and that is the default automatically created when you make a new shortcut). The only time there is a difference with AE is when you are running a Beta version (in that case the 'Target' would indicate the location of the Beta executable, but the 'Start in' would indicate the main AE folder).

- So (if you want to) how do you make a new shortcut? The easiest way is to find the file that you want to point to (such as the game executable file "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe"), right-click on it and select 'Send to' and then 'Desktop (create shortcut)' and a new shortcut will be created on your desktop. You will then be able to move it (drag and drop) to whatever folder you want, and to edit it by right-clicking 'Properties' as described above.

- When in that Properties pop-up, there is a 'General' tab where you can change the name of the shortcut.

ETF -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (6/28/2015 10:46:26 PM)

Thank you sir!! You are truly a gift to the community!!!

mcp5500 -> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? (4/23/2021 5:24:29 PM)

I found in Windows 10 in desktop display setting Text can not be set over 100%. If it is higher then 100% WITPAE display gets larger as a result.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI