What's going on? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First

WilliePete -> What's going on? (4/5/2015 5:42:36 PM)

In January of 2014 Steve wrote that it wouldn't be released the first quarter of 2014, but "definitely this year." Surely it must be completed by now and release has been put on hold, waiting for a certain strategic date to be released? I hate to sound negative, but what's going on with this game?

WilliePete -> RE: What's going on? (6/5/2015 6:37:43 PM)

With June 6th almost here, I would think that this date would be appropriate to at least answer my question if it can't be released.

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: What's going on? (6/6/2015 9:41:04 AM)

By the information which we know, the game will be released the between the second quarter or the third from the year, more probably the third. But we know new information about it after the meeting home of the wargames 2015.

kweniston -> RE: What's going on? (6/7/2015 9:31:04 AM)

Correction.

Looking forward to the release.

WilliePete -> RE: What's going on? (6/7/2015 11:47:46 PM)

thanks, I hope everything works out.

SteveMcClaire -> RE: What's going on? (6/8/2015 6:04:14 PM)

The game is in development and planned for release this year. :)

Steve

Sevath -> RE: What's going on? (6/8/2015 8:40:40 PM)

That's great news. Thanks for the update. Do you know if it will be released on steam?

I just picked up a couple of your Close Combat games, Gateway and Cross of Iron, and am really enjoying them. I loved Russian Front back in the day.

platoonspare -> RE: What's going on? (6/13/2015 5:02:41 PM)

Cant wait.....

Miro -> RE: What's going on? (6/15/2015 4:06:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

The game is in development and planned for release this year. :)

Funny [:D]

Miro -> RE: What's going on? (6/23/2015 8:49:48 AM)

Steve ---> What is the stage ? Alpha, late alpha, early beta, beta, maybe gold ?

Kanov -> RE: What's going on? (7/20/2015 7:46:32 PM)

We passed half a year already, no new screenies? at least a vehicle? or an AT gun?

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: What's going on? (7/21/2015 9:09:07 AM)

Clearly if they go to publish it this year, I would wait a beta after the summer (if there is one for this game) and the game would be published before end the year, at XMas. It looks far but at two months, the summer will be gone.[8|]

Gripen -> RE: What's going on? (7/23/2015 11:32:26 AM)

First off, I'm grateful and happy CC is still being developed, and specially on a nice new 3D engine but still keeping some of the old style.

What I'm really surprised about is that in my opinion (and I'm sure it is shared) there is so little information / marketing happening for this game. Why? Share (a bit of) the goods with us all, get us excited! Write some blog with what you are working on, if you're not sure if it will make it in the final game say so, it doesn't matter.

You know, if you or someone else of your team could for example just post something every Friday. Two or three screenshots and write a few lines what you have been working on that week, or some cool features of the game or a short 10 sec youtube video (Example: A Sherman attacking or rifle squad entering a house) it would be great :)

Cya!

Rodmorg -> RE: What's going on? (7/28/2015 12:22:09 PM)

Maybe a 'development diary' would come in handy for the community. Other game series, like the well-known 'Hearts of Iron' series used that sort of method to show and inspire the Hearts of Iron series community about their upcoming game - Hearts of Iron 4.

Also, I've been looking at this alpha game called Call to Rams, which is a modernized version of the popular series Men of War. It shows two screenshots and describes the two new additions which are shown in the screenshots. These are released every fortnight.

Housies -> RE: What's going on? (8/3/2015 2:44:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rodmorg

Maybe a 'development diary' would come in handy for the community. Other game series, like the well-known 'Hearts of Iron' series used that sort of method to show and inspire the Hearts of Iron series community about their upcoming game - Hearts of Iron 4.

Also, I've been looking at this alpha game called Call to Rams, which is a modernized version of the popular series Men of War. It shows two screenshots and describes the two new additions which are shown in the screenshots. These are released every fortnight.

I am with you that a Dev diary surely helps to create a community and even hype a game before release.
However you can't compare the one guy who is behind this game to the whole team of paradox.

I guess we'll have live with it and just hope they continue the development. IN the meanwhile, I just get back to CC: gateway to Caen.

SteveMcClaire -> RE: What's going on? (8/3/2015 7:50:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miro
Steve ---> What is the stage ? Alpha, late alpha, early beta, beta, maybe gold ?

We are not yet in beta. Currently we're focused on getting the look / graphical quality of the game finalized. This involves a lot of back and forth with various texture / model / code tweaks to make things look better, as well as integrating new visual effects, etc. And then I need to get the UI re-done to integrate the new graphics there. Once all that is finished we'll have something to show. :)

Steve

Rodmorg -> RE: What's going on? (8/4/2015 11:55:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miro

We are not yet in beta. Currently we're focused on getting the look / graphical quality of the game finalized. This involves a lot of back and forth with various texture / model / code tweaks to make things look better, as well as integrating new visual effects, etc. And then I need to get the UI re-done to integrate the new graphics there. Once all that is finished we'll have something to show. :)

Steve

Like a screenshot or a video or something?

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: What's going on? (8/4/2015 1:44:51 PM)

After more of 16 years playing with the same engine, I do not see the need of hurry now. If the game is finished for 2015, it will be more than correct.

Muzrub -> RE: What's going on? (8/12/2015 2:39:58 AM)

It's been god knows how long since I last checked in and still no developments, disapointing.

Cheers.

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: What's going on? (8/12/2015 2:12:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Muzrub

It's been god knows how long since I last checked in and still no developments, disapointing.

Cheers.

I do not agree. The unique no development which he have not seen, it is new screenshots of videos. But Steve and other people from Slitherine has answered everything which we have asked with good amount of detail.

Tejszd -> RE: What's going on? (8/13/2015 9:15:15 PM)

quote:

Cheers.

Not hearing/seeing much here or in the older close combat forums as there are outstanding bugs that have not been addressed;

WAR = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3590683
TLD = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394
LSA = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292

Matrix has done a number of patches already, which could be bad or good depending on how you want to look at.
1) why were so many patches required
2) as things are found, by the buyers, they are fixed

With another patch each to address the outstanding bugs, as long as no new bugs are introduced, these would be quality/solid games....

kweniston -> RE: What's going on? (8/14/2015 9:21:34 AM)

I fully agree. These games are still played (of course any CC title will be played for years to come), and they are still for sale at full price. Also, a load of mods have been and still are being developed for these titles, so these games form your a large part of you player base. The bugs are well described and have been possibly addressed already in the PitF/GTC releases. Fixing the previous games will at least show your dedication to the CC community, which is worth a lot.

sepp3gd -> RE: What's going on? (8/14/2015 2:00:28 PM)

Gateway to Caen is great.

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: What's going on? (8/15/2015 9:08:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

quote:

Cheers.

Not hearing/seeing much here or in the older close combat forums as there are outstanding bugs that have not been addressed;

WAR = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3590683
TLD = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394
LSA = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292

Matrix has done a number of patches already, which could be bad or good depending on how you want to look at.
1) why were so many patches required
2) as things are found, by the buyers, they are fixed

With another patch each to address the outstanding bugs, as long as no new bugs are introduced, these would be quality/solid games....

I agree at 50%. WAR, TLD, LSA, PTIF, GTC, specially they have a very bad IA. Some people say how it is a matter from big maps but I do not believe it. I have played smaller maps at them and the IA continues being very bad.

The IA is the main reason because I and probably many people, we are interested at Bloody First.

darbyjack -> RE: What's going on? (8/26/2015 8:31:58 AM)

We all have to remember that Matrix Games are not used to actually making anything new for Close Combat, they normally just add some maps and sprites, calling it a 'new game'. This will be a monumental task in comparison to previous CC releases and will take some time!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI