Preparation Points (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> After Action Reports

wg335910 -> Preparation Points (4/6/2015 2:32:45 AM)

Can someone explain to me how I can increase my preparation points for my Amphib TFs. I need them to be at 50 points. So I can invade Italy proper. As it stands now, my TFs are sitting at 5 PPs and not changing. What can I do to make them ready?

Seminole -> RE: Preparation Points (4/6/2015 4:47:31 AM)

TF's need to be finish the turn in a port with a compatible combat unit (e.g. you can't use Armored Divisions or HQs) in order to build prep points.

They don't have to build prep points in the same port each turn, and they don't have to do it with the same combat unit (combat units only need to get to 30 prep). The combat unit can be on ships and will still let you build prep (and will build prep itself, you just can't see the value while on ships).

This matrix will let you see what combinations will gain what number of prep points depending on the size of the port they are located in:

[image]http://i.imgur.com/Qlcnw5Z.jpg[/image]

You can build prep points in a damaged point (so you can repair a lvl 1 or 2 port you've captured with the TF and build prep points if you have a combat unit located in the same hex), but I believe the effective port level is determined by port damage, so those numbers are to be counted on for fully functional ports.

Key takeaway is how long it takes to build prep points with two divisions versus a single regiment. So you can build up sufficient prep in 3 weeks to invade a spot with a regiment, but it will take months in the same port with 1 or 2 divisions.

TFs are also naval artillery. They can be offshore of combat hexes and lend their guns, then finish the turn in a port with a combat unit and build prep.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI