Any News on SSG? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Skeleton -> Any News on SSG? (4/11/2015 2:08:13 PM)

Does anyone know of the status of SSG resurrecting the Decisive Battles engine or what the future plans are and when they may be realized? I have purchased a lot of games over the course of the last few years, some good, some bad. None of them have come as close to the DB games, in my opinion, to modeling and incorporating everything that makes boardgaming/wargaming so fascinating and enhancing it with the ease of play that a computer can assist with. Roger Keating's announcement;

http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6402&start=45

Erik Rutins -> RE: Any News on SSG? (4/11/2015 3:38:22 PM)

Yes, things are in the works. [8D]

Zorch -> RE: Any News on SSG? (4/11/2015 3:45:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, things are in the works. [8D]

Is 'Gold of the Americas' among those in the works?

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Any News on SSG? (4/11/2015 3:52:51 PM)

Are the battles of the civil war in the works?

marcpennington -> RE: Any News on SSG? (4/11/2015 4:08:02 PM)

If you dig around on the old SSG Run5 forums, you can find some fairly recent (6 months old maybe) mentioning a new game in development, and that (I think) it was a WW2 one.

Skeleton -> RE: Any News on SSG? (4/11/2015 4:08:46 PM)

Erik, you are my hero!!! Thank you for the confirmation and please let us know whatever you can, whenever you can!

Skeleton -> RE: Any News on SSG? (5/25/2015 1:25:37 PM)

*Bump*...any news you can share??

Pvt_Grunt -> RE: Any News on SSG? (5/26/2015 10:06:32 AM)

A few years back when I was playing Kharkov DotD I was checking Run5 constantly as there was a lot of posts and a good community.
Lately there it has been very quiet, one of the founders of the company passed away and they seem to have lost their way.
The games were very good and there is some great mods available for free still.
DB Mods

CarnageINC -> RE: Any News on SSG? (5/26/2015 10:14:13 AM)

Nice, I loved the SSG game mechanics. Looking forward to see them revamped, hopefully a similar success story as the Close Combat series!

Eambar -> RE: Any News on SSG? (5/26/2015 4:19:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pvt_Grunt

A few years back when I was playing Kharkov DotD I was checking Run5 constantly as there was a lot of posts and a good community.
Lately there it has been very quiet, one of the founders of the company passed away and they seem to have lost their way.
The games were very good and there is some great mods available for free still.
DB Mods

Easily the best community of any game series/publisher that I have been involved with.

Regular tournaments and user made scenarios for all of the games, and healthy banter on the forums.

I still have all of the SSG games loaded, even when I recently upgraded my gaming PC they were among the first to be put on.

I hope there is another title in the works.

Cheers,

Gilmer -> RE: Any News on SSG? (5/27/2015 1:17:59 AM)

I remember there were some very decent PBEM AARs there, especially gfor Battles In Normandy. Made me buy the game. I still crank it up and let the AI play itself. Dunno why I do that.

Skeleton -> RE: Any News on SSG? (8/7/2015 1:17:20 PM)

Erik,

Any update you can share as to progress for a new SSG product?

budd -> RE: Any News on SSG? (2/11/2016 1:47:35 AM)

Been awhile, any updates on anything SSG?

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Any News on SSG? (2/11/2016 3:43:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marcus the leper

Does anyone know of the status of SSG resurrecting the Decisive Battles engine or what the future plans are and when they may be realized? I have purchased a lot of games over the course of the last few years, some good, some bad. None of them have come as close to the DB games, in my opinion, to modeling and incorporating everything that makes boardgaming/wargaming so fascinating and enhancing it with the ease of play that a computer can assist with. Roger Keating's announcement;

http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6402&start=45

you haven't played Command Ops I see or Norbsoft's Civilwar series.

HudsonGame -> RE: Any News on SSG? (2/11/2016 5:15:23 PM)

In the 1980s I played SSG's Europe Ablaze on my Apple IIe. I loved that game. Like many of their games, it had an editor. I spent many an hour working on scenarios I designed. Anyway, I wonder if there might be a chance SSG might redo that title. That would be excellent.

[image]local://upfiles/46394/44C3BA1180B14156B8F48A3447B73A7A.jpg[/image]

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Any News on SSG? (2/11/2016 9:24:59 PM)

Back then I couldn't decide on Europe Ablaze or Carriers at War, both great games. Then there was Warlords I and 2 as well. Still waiting on a new rendition of Warlords. I think that game with tactical turned based battles would be interesting.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI