no enemy left problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

john g -> no enemy left problem (4/7/2001 1:55:00 AM)

Has anyone noticed that if you kill every single last one of the enemy troops, the game seems to lock up. It seems to be a loop that is looking for enemy actions which are no longer there to check. I have been able to get the end of turn button to finally click after several dozen mouse clicks on it, at which time it finally goes to the end of game score screen. I first noticed this when I tried a very small scenario with just one very good sniper on one side vs 2 merely competant ones on the other. After the super sinper kills the other two, the game doesn't respond normally to mouse clicks on the end of turn button, I had to keep clicking on it repeatedly to finally get it to respond. This is with running v 4.3b, so if it has been fixed since I will hopefully not see this again when I get my copy of MCNA and v5.0. thanks, John.

jwelch -> (4/7/2001 2:37:00 AM)

I noticed this glitch too, just yesterday in fact. I was messing around and played Wild Bill's Ramelle battle and managed to get all my GI's killed (all in one German turn too.) The computer just sat there. I had to reboot since I couldn't even kill the program. I am running v4.5. I don't know if there are plans to fix this glitch. I don't recall seeing it on any of the proposed v5.0 features. I imagine its a rare enough bug not to attract a lot of attention. It come out in MCNA if there are any small unit actions, as I suspect there might be.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI