RE: A Possible New Vision of Distant Worlds (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Cauldyth -> RE: A Possible New Vision of Distant Worlds (5/1/2015 7:16:37 PM)

2D is fine, 3D just becomes a distraction in terms of both development and UI. For any sequel which may be in the works, I'd be happy on the graphics front with just a usability overhaul (e.g. better font scaling, etc.). Spend the development time on reworking some of the mechanics (diplomacy and wars, for example) and you'll have me throwing my hard-earned money at you.

Spidey -> RE: A Possible New Vision of Distant Worlds (5/2/2015 11:55:05 AM)

Speaking of things to rework, one very nice addition would be more control over what stuff results in screen activity and what doesn't. I don't think I have ever actually taken pirates up on their "kind" offers, but all the same, I'm getting spammed with rubbish offers from them.

With ~15 pirate factions that all want to keep shouting at me and me having zero way of automatically telling them to sod off, the consequence is that the top right part of my screen is always occupied by the latest useless pirate nonsense of the day. It's a complete waste of screen space, on top of being somewhat annoying to look at, and it is absolutely hopeless to respond to each communication.

Cauldyth -> RE: A Possible New Vision of Distant Worlds (5/2/2015 2:08:11 PM)

I would love if, when appropriate, those message boxes have two buttons on them: a check box for accept, and an X for decline. Obviously that's not relevant to all of them, but it is to many. It would let me quickly sort through them without having to open each one up.

Colwolf77 -> RE: A Possible New Vision of Distant Worlds (5/2/2015 4:03:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spidey

Speaking of things to rework, one very nice addition would be more control over what stuff results in screen activity and what doesn't. I don't think I have ever actually taken pirates up on their "kind" offers, but all the same, I'm getting spammed with rubbish offers from them.

With ~15 pirate factions that all want to keep shouting at me and me having zero way of automatically telling them to sod off, the consequence is that the top right part of my screen is always occupied by the latest useless pirate nonsense of the day. It's a complete waste of screen space, on top of being somewhat annoying to look at, and it is absolutely hopeless to respond to each communication.

Not 100% sure but I think there is a way of rejecting all pirate offers in the policy setup options.

feygan -> RE: A Possible New Vision of Distant Worlds (5/3/2015 6:53:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spidey

To take that further it would be nice to have an option of general sod off. Kind of like the Civilization "do not bother me again" mechanic. That way you could have situations where you sever diplomatic ties.

Shark7 -> RE: A Possible New Vision of Distant Worlds (5/4/2015 1:48:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

2D is fine, 3D just becomes a distraction in terms of both development and UI. For any sequel which may be in the works, I'd be happy on the graphics front with just a usability overhaul (e.g. better font scaling, etc.). Spend the development time on reworking some of the mechanics (diplomacy and wars, for example) and you'll have me throwing my hard-earned money at you.

Personally I'm fine with the 2D top down game we have now. I agree spend more time on the mechanics and UI.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI