Updater broken (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

GeorgePatton -> Updater broken (5/6/2015 5:31:20 PM)

I keep getting an error when I run the Game Update feature on the AEWITP menu.

Says "Abnormal Termination Error" or something close to that.

When I first ran it last night (to get the updated Dec 2014 official patch), it worked fine but I noticed my updater that was updated by Matrix no longer works.

This is not the only game I have issues with. Gary Grisby's War in the East also has the same problem. Matrix updater updates my updates my file then I can't run the updater anymore.

I downloaded some update.exe files but that didn't help since once I run the update, it auto updates that and then fails. [&:]

I'm running a PC system with Win 7 home professional 64-bit, Dual Core i5.

Thanks!

wdolson -> RE: Updater broken (5/6/2015 8:02:13 PM)

If you're seeing this for more than one game, there may be something with Matrix's server. I believe you can manually download the patches from the website.

Additionally, I would contact Matrix e-mail support and tell them you have the same problem with more than one game.

Bill

GeorgePatton -> RE: Updater broken (5/7/2015 3:27:16 AM)

Ok will do thanks!

bogaty -> RE: Updater broken (7/6/2015 9:27:03 PM)

I have the same error on both my laptop and desktop. The game is updated to 1.024 or somesuch but the updater will no longer launch. When I installed the patch, I got an error message saying updater.dat was in use. I then had the option of choosing "retry" or "cancel". I had to select "cancel" in order to get the patch to complete its installation.

bogaty -> RE: Updater broken (7/11/2015 8:29:08 AM)

I had to reinstall the game after screwing up a mod install and now I'm getting the same updater error on my Win 7 desktop as I was on my Win 8 laptop.

cohimbra -> RE: Updater broken (7/11/2015 10:33:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bogaty
When I installed the patch, I got an error message saying updater.dat was in use. I then had the option of choosing "retry" or "cancel". I had to select "cancel" in order to get the patch to complete its installation.

You get this error because you have .exe running.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/8lgkrJ5.jpg[/img]

Close this screen and all it's ok.

bogaty -> RE: Updater broken (7/11/2015 6:55:02 PM)

Thanks but it's not the case here. I had a similar issue with CMANO so I knew about shutting down the .exe and start screen when installing. I'm still getting the "retry"/"continue" error during installation though. Seems to be hit or miss as to whether it will install correctly or not.

witpqs -> RE: Updater broken (7/11/2015 7:45:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bogaty

Thanks but it's not the case here. I had a similar issue with CMANO so I knew about shutting down the .exe and start screen when installing. I'm still getting the "retry"/"continue" error during installation though. Seems to be hit or miss as to whether it will install correctly or not.

Really, don't use the updater. Just do your installation. Separately (in a browser) download any updates from the Matrix web site. Apply the installation (by running the downloaded file).

bogaty -> RE: Updater broken (7/12/2015 8:27:14 AM)

I'd prefer it to work as intended, thanks. For the price they charge, this thing should run flawlessly.

witpqs -> RE: Updater broken (7/12/2015 4:34:13 PM)

Understanding what is in this thing, it's a miracle they don't sell it for $1,000. The ENTIRE WITP-AE upgrade/extension of WITP was done by a team of dozens of volunteers. All of the support has been done by volunteers.

gcichoracki -> RE: Updater broken (7/14/2015 10:47:15 PM)

I complained about this weeks ago, Matrix has got to fix this problem with the program.

witpqs -> RE: Updater broken (7/15/2015 1:34:39 AM)

Been that way for years, don't see why they would fix it now. There is a perfectly viable way for people to get upgrades.

bogaty -> RE: Updater broken (7/15/2015 5:01:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sitar

I complained about this weeks ago, Matrix has got to fix this problem with the program.

I think it's something wrong with either their installer as I've had the same issue with both this title and CMANO.

wipqs, your responses in this thread are not helpful. I doubt Matrixgames needs you acting as their Knight Errant defending them from all and sundry. Please stop responding. We're not attacking the game, just asking for a fix.

witpqs -> RE: Updater broken (7/15/2015 5:18:57 AM)

My responses have been found helpful by many people, including to this very question in the past.

But by all means continue, and good luck, in spite of your rudeness.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI