Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support

KenPortner -> Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/9/2015 2:00:04 PM)

Getting this error message when trying to start the game. Game won't start.

I have game installed to D: drive if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/10/2015 4:08:53 PM)

Portner, I'll chat with Rob today and see if he can look into theses issues. Can you tell us what version of windows you are running, is it US based, 32 or 64 bit, and what game version you were loading when this issue can up?

Thanks.

howarca -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/12/2015 12:34:10 AM)

This is the same issue that I posted in "
Game will not start after hitting play or .exe" post a few down, so there is more information from my dxdiag and a bug report there.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/12/2015 11:22:18 AM)

Howarca, do you have Admin rights to the computer? If you look in the main game folder, does the fp_colors. C32 file exist in the folder? It sounds like an issue opening files that are read/write in the game.

howarca -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/12/2015 6:57:04 PM)

Running as admin has the same result. If I remember correctly I got the file missing error when I ran the beta, with 2.09 release version I get an access error. From steam I still get nothing by using the launcher, and a steam not found error when I use the steam .exe. Though there it does start the game!

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/12/2015 7:11:37 PM)

I take it you have uninstalled and reinstalled from 2.06 to see if that works? What is you OS and language being used?

howarca -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/12/2015 7:13:39 PM)

Where can I find older versions of the installer? On matrix it just shows me 2.09 and steam obviously automatically does the latest version.

Thanks again for the help!

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/12/2015 11:09:24 PM)

Matrix may have everything comprehensive and at 2.0.9. That should work fine.

howarca -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/14/2015 3:01:16 AM)

I am beginning to wonder if the installer from Matrix is not correct. The file downloaded has "update" in the name, which may just be how it is named. However, my install is ~100mb less than one from steam. I copied files from my Steam directory to my Matrix install, and got the game to start! However, now it is missing the serialreg.txt file. This definitely leads me to believe that the installer is not working correctly. This could be an issue from having had the Matrix version in the past and not deleting it before downloading the Steam version perhaps? Or maybe this is some sort of DRM issue? Or am I just missing where to download the full install versus the patch maybe?

Where I am at now my Steam version does nothing from steam, though starting the related .exe opens the game and says that steam cannot be found, then closes. My Matrix install has the serialreg.txt error.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/14/2015 3:36:21 AM)

I'll have to check with Rob and Matrix to see what happened with 2.0.9. You make want to go to the Members area and see if you can download an earlier version. You may also want to hit Matrix support to get a download of the original game setup.

IronManBeta -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/16/2015 5:30:37 PM)

The Matrix version of the game requires a serialreg.txt file to start. This file is not required for the Steam version.

It sounds like if you do a Matrix install of 2.0.9 and then get any missing files from either your older Steam or Matrix version then you should be able to get it running.

A new FP_Colors.c32.txt file is attached here just in case that helps. Please rename it to FP_Colors.c32 and drop it into your root game folder.

I will look in the other thread for your other reports.

Thanks! Rob

howarca -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/19/2015 1:58:30 AM)

Combing the two installs gets me into the game, but each has a DRM type error. The Matrix install cannot find the serial file, and the Steam version cannot find steam. I think that I have some registry files that are not getting deleted by the uninstaller, as even after uninstalling the Matrix installer thinks that the game is installed, and I believe this is why it was not installing all of the files (that I got from the Steam install). Where are the registry entries for the game at? I will try deleting them and both installs to start from scratch.

schaefsky -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/24/2015 5:31:37 PM)

I have the same problem it seems.
Doing a fresh install from every available update I have found (2.081, 2.09beta and 2.09) (btw. this is a huge mess IMO, there should be one, latest version available for this game, not 3 or 4 versions scattered over the forum, the matrix site and the OTS site...), there seem to be quite a few files missing, at least fp_colors. C32 and the serialreg.txt.
Selecting an old installation as target these files will be available, but it then says that "there is an error with the serial number as entered". The serial is entered as available via the registered games function on the matrix site.

[SerialNumber]
Serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
[ProductVersion]
Version=2.00
[UserName]
Name=xxx
[CompanyName]
Company=

Was wondering if the 2.00 is the problem but changing it to 2.09 at least did not help.

Is there any way to register my copy with steam? Never had any issues with steam updates and the matrix version I have is apparently a huge mess, with downloads all over the place. Really annoying as I was looking forward to finally play this otherwise fine game again after the soviet campaigns were broken in the earlier versions and now it won't even start :(

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/24/2015 6:05:16 PM)

Schaefsky,

Sorry to hear about the problem. We are not sure what the issue is with the files and we are trying to sort it out. The updates should be comprehensive and work with your current install. That would be 2.09.

What version were you running before this issue? Was that a Matrix install?

A fresh install would require you to first install your 2.0.0 version (from disk or original download, should be a large file). If you got the players edition (2.06) as you baseline then install that first. Once you have a working baseline then install the 2.09 update. That should work. Just installing 2.09 or other updates without the core files will fail.

You can register your game with steam. There are threads in the main forum on how to do that.

Hopefully we can sort all of this out soon for you guys.

schaefsky -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/24/2015 7:24:10 PM)

Wow, thanks for getting back so quickly, on a sunday nontheless!!
Missed the steam redeaming post, thanks that worked like a charm, game is working now on steam.
Still I guess it would be great for others to have a one download to install the game package, I have setup a new computer since I had bought the game and did not have the original download at hand and could not find a full package anywhere online.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/24/2015 9:01:37 PM)

The full download can be obtained through Matrix Support. There is a post floating around from Erik Rutins of Matrix that covers recovering the full version.

IronManBeta -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/25/2015 12:24:41 AM)

Bear in mind as well that the Matrix version of the game exe and the Steam version of the game exe are slightly different. They each check their respective authentication routines and will not work in the other context. It sounds like this could be part of the problem here.

You have to use the Steam version of the game in Steam and the Matrix version otherwise. What a pain. I need to figure out how to get the same build running properly in both contexts. Hmmm.

Rob

schaefsky -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/25/2015 6:59:56 PM)

Oh no I don't have any issue with the steam version. The issues I had were before I redeemed my steam key and seem to originate since I could not find a full game installer anywhere.
I have downloaded the Player Edition (2.081 I think) from the store, then there is the 2.09 beta available via the registerd games option and finally I tried the 2.09 final from this forum. None of them are complete since after installing the fp_colors and the serial file are missing (at least)
After installing it over an old install I had it said the serial key was wrong (or had an issue). Since I have set up a new computer since I last played I had no longer access to the original download back when the game was released.
After redeeming the serial which did not work with the matrix version, installing via steam I can play the steam version without any difficulties whatsoever (apart from the actual game difficulty :) ).

schaefsky -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/25/2015 7:04:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

The full download can be obtained through Matrix Support. There is a post floating around from Erik Rutins of Matrix that covers recovering the full version.

Ehm well not that I really care any more with the steam version but IMO your customers should not dig around for "a post floating around", there should be a big fat "Download" button on the product page or within the registerd games section, one click download and you get the full version which will install without a fuss.
Anyhow the steam version does exactly that for me, but I guess it would be nice to sort this out for others since I know some people do not like steam.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/25/2015 9:05:55 PM)

We have no control on how Matrix sets up getting to a full version download for paying customers. That should be a Members area thing IMHO, but you have to follow the setup they have to get to the digital distribution of your paid full version. Updates like 2.09 are never going to have all of the files, they can't. They should have all the updates required to being the game up to the latest build. Our concern is why the 2.09 Updates seem to be dropping/deleting files. That is the problem that has cropped up. We'll keep working with Matrix to get this all sorted out. It should be as simple as hitting the update button on the launcher.

howarca -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/28/2015 11:10:03 PM)

Ok, I have my Matrix install working. I think that when I had to reformat my computer I did not realize that the download available on Matrix is not the full install, it is just the patch. As said previously, this is a little vague. Once I got with Matrix to get a full install file it works fine. Thanks for the help guys!

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (5/29/2015 12:08:32 AM)

Glad to hear we have you up and running! Hopefully we can get the rest of the guys going too. I will be bringing up the update/full download issues in the Designer session of HOW15 and see if I can get some thoughts on a better system or at least a better documented system for getting full downloads of purchased items and patches and also see what can be done to make the Update button on the launcher more reliable. Right now I have to kill my AV program to get the update function to work and that's not the best solution IMHO.

Tinkershuffle -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (9/3/2015 9:33:29 PM)

I bought a new laptop yesterday, installed Win 10 and then tried to install FCRS (Matrix version) and now I'm getting the same fp_colors error message. What makes the things even more trickier is that I can't seem to find a way to uninstall the game. It's not listed in the control panel add/remove list and I can't find it in the registry either. Any ideas?

Tinkershuffle -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (9/3/2015 9:38:17 PM)

Stupid me, it seems I also accidently installed only the 2.09 patch, not the full game..[8|] What's the right way to remove/uninstall those files before running the full version?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Error Message: fp_colors.c32 does not exist (9/3/2015 11:05:21 PM)

If you are going to reinstall the full version just delete the Red Storm folder and start anew.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI