"Repel the Japanese fleet"? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II

Zipuli -> "Repel the Japanese fleet"? (5/11/2015 7:42:46 AM)

Hello!

Just played the Philippines sea battle, that resulted in a loss. The Primary objectives are to 1) repel the Japanese fleet and 2) don't lose any carriers or transports...

I didn't lose any, had a Turkey shoot, sank one carrier (secondary obj is to sink 3) and in the end the Japanese fleet fled. And I lost.

What does "repel" mean in this scenario?

Zipuli -> RE: "Repel the Japanese fleet"? (5/12/2015 12:52:08 PM)

Another try:
- Sank all 3 carriers
- Sank 2 of 3 battleships
- Sank all but 2 cruisers

Defeat?

Hopefully in the patch the requirements for victory are clearly stated (sink X amount of ships - sink all ships... etc., not just "repel Japanese fleet")

Lukas -> RE: "Repel the Japanese fleet"? (5/12/2015 1:04:33 PM)

It's a scenario bug. It used to last 40 turns and victory was given at that limit. But 30 turns seemed like plenty of enough time so it was adjusted shortly before release - but without updating the victory trigger to 30 turns as well...

Last minute changes are never a good idea [sm=nono.gif]

Zipuli -> RE: "Repel the Japanese fleet"? (5/12/2015 1:46:57 PM)

LOL, OK!

Good thing that #ihadnukes

Matto -> RE: "Repel the Japanese fleet"? (5/12/2015 6:21:00 PM)

OK, I had similar problem ... so waiting for patch?

klhbekool -> RE: "Repel the Japanese fleet"? (5/12/2015 8:04:51 PM)

The event to cause the Japanese Fleet to retire to their exit locations isn't specified, my first time playing I got 2 carriers and got the 3rd before it left and sunk all but one cruiser and lost. The next time I got all 3 Carriers and all of the battleships, 1 cruiser and a destroyer retreated but I got the victory. Clarity would be nice.

gunnergoz -> RE: "Repel the Japanese fleet"? (5/12/2015 11:34:12 PM)

I'm putting the game on hold until all these victory condition issues are fixed - hopefully in the patch due out later in the week. I've got 173 hours invested in the game so far, admittedly with 3 different starts, all to see which combinations work best. But I'm reluctant to invest more time only to end up with a victory that is thwarted by a bad line of code. So I'll be patient and bide my time. It is annoying at the moment, but by this time next year, won't even be a distant memory.

Myrddraal -> RE: "Repel the Japanese fleet"? (5/13/2015 6:55:32 AM)

We've identified and fixed victory condition error in Midway (US), Coral Sea (Japan) and the Philippines Sea. Fixes will be in the patch.

gunnergoz -> RE: "Repel the Japanese fleet"? (5/14/2015 1:10:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Myrddraal

We've identified and fixed victory condition error in Midway (US), Coral Sea (Japan) and the Philippines Sea. Fixes will be in the patch.

The fixes are definitely not in the hotfix: I just sank 3 Japanese carriers at the Philippine Sea, shot down 20+ aircraft and still suffered a crushing defeat for the campaign. I suppose I can try again after the patch...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI