virus in matrix game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

kingstuart444 -> virus in matrix game? (5/14/2015 3:09:28 PM)

hello
i fun malwarebytes and superantispyware every couple of days along with crap cleaner

today malwarebytes found nothing, but superantispyware can up with this

trojan/agent/gen-madang

c\matrix\forge of freedom\gfx\provinces\size 640 128.exe

i have not played this game in years
i am aware there are false positives all the time.

any suggestions? thanks

aaatoysandmore -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/14/2015 3:42:57 PM)

The problem with false positives is you can't really know when it's a false positive. Everyone will say it is but how do you really know.

As for me if I get ANY virus or malware info back on a game that game no longer resides on my hard drive or registry. I feel it's up to the publishers and developers to make SURE that stuff doesn't happen. Just the way I am and I ain't gonna change no matter who says what. Words are worth a dime a dozen. Actions are more important to me.

Zorch -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/14/2015 4:39:22 PM)

The only way (that I know of) to deal with false positives is to run more than 1 anti-malware program. If they agree, then it's a virus.

I use the free versions of malwarebytes and avira.

VPaulus -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/14/2015 5:10:52 PM)

Our software is thoroughly checked before we distribute it to our customers.
But you can always ask for a new download link and reinstall the game again.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/14/2015 9:38:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Our software is thoroughly checked before we distribute it to our customers.
But you can always ask for a new download link and reinstall the game again.

As far as yalls games I don't think I've ever gotten an alert. If I did it was a rare occassion and I probably have forgotten it. Matrix games always seem good to go and pretty good on release instead of 6mos to a year later.

Yogi the Great -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/15/2015 12:27:19 AM)

I have a game (Pandora) Norton after install and any update would mark and remove one of the exe files as dangerous. I would have to go to the quarantine file and mark to accept it.

I guess my point is just that your anti-virus program may consider a file as dangerous even if it isn't.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/15/2015 4:02:47 AM)

I have Pandora and I never had a hiccup with it from my virus protection units. I don't use store bought protectors though. I've heard so many complaints about Norton. Couldn't trust it either way.

Gilmer -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/15/2015 11:39:41 AM)

I got a ping back on the exe to run of Birth of America. I knew it wasn't a virus, so I figured out to make it an exception.

IainMcNeil -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/15/2015 11:45:28 AM)

With all current and recent releases we now sign the exe and the installer. We are are a registered signing identity which helps significantly reduce the number of false positives but older games like this were released before we were able to do this. We're continually looking for ways to make your lives better (and reduce the tech support burden! :))

Greybriar -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/15/2015 1:15:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingstuart

hello
i fun malwarebytes and superantispyware every couple of days along with crap cleaner

trojan/agent/gen-madang

any suggestions? thanks

Do yourself a favor and turn off those anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-malware programs when you are playing PC games. All they do is come up with false positives due to some of the game files that are in fact perfectly safe.

Lecivius -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/15/2015 4:12:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

quote:

hello

trojan/agent/gen-madang

any suggestions? thanks

Do yourself a favor and turn off those anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-malware programs when you are playing PC games. All they do is come up with false positives due to some of the game files that are in fact perfectly safe.

Uhm...no. I can say with 100% certainty that this is not a good idea. There are a few in this thread that are not bad, this one is not one of them.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/15/2015 4:15:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

quote:

hello

trojan/agent/gen-madang

any suggestions? thanks

Uhm...no. I can say with 100% certainty that this is not a good idea. There are a few in this thread that are not bad, this one is not one of them.

I have to concur. Unless you are "offline" then it's a possibility especially if you are using XP now. Even then if you happen to have a live virus trojan or something you could still have problems offline.

Greybriar -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/16/2015 12:25:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

quote:

hello

trojan/agent/gen-madang

any suggestions? thanks

100% certainty? I seriously doubt that. As as matter of fact, I am 100% certain you are mistaken.

Lecivius -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/18/2015 4:45:36 PM)

quote:

100% certainty? I seriously doubt that. As as matter of fact, I am 100% certain you are mistaken.

I'm not. Do as you will, though.

kingstuart444 -> RE: virus in matrix game? (5/19/2015 8:03:23 PM)

thanx to all who replied

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI