Video issues in Windows 8.1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

rsallen64 -> Video issues in Windows 8.1 (5/21/2015 6:12:22 AM)

So I have this issue I can't seem to fix, and it's a new one.

I have Windows 8.1 with a Nvidia GTX 750i video card with the latest drivers and the following switches:"C:\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1280 -py1024 -SingleCpuOrders -multiaudio -deepColor -noFire -dd_sw. I played around with the switches quite a bit but can't seem to correct the error. Here is what happens.

When I click on the map, portions of my Windows desktop will show through in the area where my mouse pointer is. It moves with the mouse if I click on a new area. It's almost like the desktop is peeking through. I'm using Chemkid's topo map mod for the stock map, and have been doing so for some time. I first noticed this problem with the latest official patch, but when I tried to switch back to the latest beta, the same thing happened.

Anyone else encounter this problem? Any suggestions for a fix, outside of uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks!

Banzan -> RE: Video issues in Windows 8.1 (5/27/2015 8:13:17 AM)

quote:

When I click on the map, portions of my Windows desktop will show through in the area where my mouse pointer is. It moves with the mouse if I click on a new area

I could fix this by removing the "-dd_sw" switch, but got massive click lag instead (up to serveral secs). In the end, i close all other programs and only run WitPAE and the combat reporter. Some buttons still show but vanish if you scroll the map enough.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI