move game between machines. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

Higgins001 -> move game between machines. (6/2/2015 1:29:38 AM)

I have WITE currently installed on home desktop.
Expecting new laptop soon, and fixen to port it over to new laptop.
I know the license only calls for game on 1 machine so will I have a problem loading it on new hardware?
Do I delete off of workstation first?

wga8888 -> RE: move game between machines. (6/2/2015 3:01:17 PM)

I have the same game installed on my two machines (windows desktop and mac laptop with windows partition). I purchase the actual disk [which comes with an immediate download). One of my two machines had to have a complete harddrive reformat so I just reinstalled from disk.

As a side note my WITP: AE disk got damaged then thrown away when I was not home. I have the game SN registered with Matrix and installed on one machine. I would to contact Matrix if I can install without re-purchase on the other machine if possible. My primary desktop is likely to have a harddrive crash within the next 12 months as drive is starting to get noisy.

harddrives go bad. I have no problem buying new games and keeping matrix in business. However I do not like buying the same game over and over again. My buying games is a sore point at home as it is. Perhaps I should spend my free time at sports bars like most guys my age.

pompack -> RE: move game between machines. (6/2/2015 4:01:56 PM)

Hint:
If you get the digital download, save an image of the complete load module (NOT the installed game) on a backup disk. For example, while I have never had the game on more than one machine at a time, I have gone through four computers since WitP:AE came out.
I can't stress enough the importance of keeping a backup of EVERYTHING that is important to you; One TB backup drives are dirt cheap and worth a lot.
As an additional hint, I do suggest that you keep you backup drive powered down and with the data and power cables disconnected; power surges can get ugly

Higgins001 -> RE: move game between machines. (6/2/2015 5:33:53 PM)

Thanks. I have the downloaded install packagess, and my S/N's. So hopefully it works without having to contact Matrix and resetting my S/N 's
So assuming no problems I'll delete from workstation once WITE and epansion paks load on new laptop, then I'll buy WITW- this game is epic!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI