Naval units going back to base (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

marf -> Naval units going back to base (6/3/2015 2:52:53 PM)

in Japan's return to base step at the end of the first turn, when I hovered a stack of navel units over Tokyo, they had both an x and a crosshair. I couldn't move them anywhere. I had to reboot the game to get it to work again. Any patch coming that will fix this?

paulderynck -> RE: Naval units going back to base (6/3/2015 5:27:02 PM)

Sounds like the kind of thing that needs to be repeatable from a save game before it could possibly be patched.

Edit: Another guess here is although for units to RTB together, they must start that move from the same seabox, and some could have got there originally from different places, so possibly not all the units you attempted to move together had the range to get to Tokyo. Then maybe that mixed indicator was right, but I don't think I've ever come across it before, myself.

marf -> RE: Naval units going back to base (6/3/2015 7:15:16 PM)

Same sea box, Japanese coast.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Naval units going back to base (6/3/2015 10:23:55 PM)

An combination X and Crosshair cursor indicates that the units can move to the designated hex, but they have to move through an enemy controlled sea area first. The bottom line of the Main form should be showing text to that effect.

Usually, this means you move the units into the enemy controlled sea area, wait for them to decide whether to intercept, (etc.) and once cleared through the sea area (no interception attempt, failed interception attempt, or end of naval interception combat) the units can be moved into the port.

marf -> RE: Naval units going back to base (6/3/2015 10:29:06 PM)

There were no enimies in that sea area though. And I did not see any text. Also the game said it wasn't working correctly.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Naval units going back to base (6/4/2015 3:43:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marf

There were no enimies in that sea area though. And I did not see any text. Also the game said it wasn't working correctly.

If you have a saved game for this, please Compress it into a Zipped file and Upload it as an attachment to a post in this thread. That way we can download it and restore your saved game to see what you see.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Naval units going back to base (6/4/2015 3:49:10 AM)

Here's an example of the cross-hair cursor with an X and the text message in the Main form.

[image]local://upfiles/16701/FACA8140856C466CAE4208D3966B8AAE.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI