RE: OT: Movie Days of the Past (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

98ZJUSMC -> RE: OT: Movie Days of the Past (6/8/2015 2:24:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chijohnaok
A favorite of mine is "In Harm's Way"

Same. Yeah, it does kinda look like a WWII film shot in the 60's/40's time warp, but I love the film.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Colonel Mustard
Where Eagles Dare.
Early Eastwood, and I think Richard Burton?

Yep.

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert
Sci-Fi: Forbidden Planet

Another favorite! [sm=00000436.gif]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Nobody ever mentions this movie: Tobruk with Rock Hudson and Nigel Green and George Peppard.

I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I enjoyed it then. I don't want to watch it again, since I have fond memories of it and don't want to be disappointed.[:)]

Haven't seen it in about 15 years. or so. Good movie. I just saw a documentary on the IDG, last week, and instantly thought of this.

Oft overlooked War Film - Play Dirty

wegman58 -> RE: OT: Movie Days of the Past (6/8/2015 2:12:35 PM)

I wonder why it took so long for someone to mention THE LONGEST DAY. One that I've always found interesting (maybe because I watched the Star Trek episode based on it first) is THE ENEMY BELOW.

And besides watching - how about reading. The Cornelius Ryan triple (THE LONGEST DAY and A BRIDGE TOO FAR are on Amazon, THE LAST BATTLE is on Amazon, but not if you look under Ryan's name (odd)) might make good reading for a kid interested in history. And they take a while to read.

John 3rd -> RE: OT: Movie Days of the Past (6/8/2015 3:26:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wegman58

I wonder why it took so long for someone to mention THE LONGEST DAY. One that I've always found interesting (maybe because I watched the Star Trek episode based on it first) is THE ENEMY BELOW.

And besides watching - how about reading. The Cornelius Ryan triple (THE LONGEST DAY and A BRIDGE TOO FAR are on Amazon, THE LAST BATTLE is on Amazon, but not if you look under Ryan's name (odd)) might make good reading for a kid interested in history. And they take a while to read.

Enemy Below is a GREAT FILM! Always think about when I watch ST: TOS "Balance of Terror" too...

My eldest and I are going to go on a war movie BINGE!

warspite1 -> RE: OT: Movie Days of the Past (6/8/2015 4:07:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: wegman58

Enemy Below is a GREAT FILM! Always think about when I watch ST: TOS "Balance of Terror" too...

My eldest and I are going to go on a war movie BINGE!

warspite1

John 3rd of the war films I mention previously, if you are going for a war movie binge - and you haven't yet seen this - I really would recommend Operation Daybreak.

spence -> RE: OT: Movie Days of the Past (6/8/2015 10:53:54 PM)

Besides "Gallipoli" the Ozzies have some pretty good movies taking place in WWI: "The Lighthorsemen", ANZACS and the aforementioned "Beneath Hill 60".

When I was there last year the wife and I attended the "Last Post" ceremony in Ypres/Ieper/Wipers. Even though all of the ancestors I know of were already in the US by the time of WWI I found 8 names with the same surname as me and 2 more with my mother's surname on the panels of the monument.

[image]local://upfiles/9007/12FFA696AC73475E890E7DB8EF440030.jpg[/image]

Oops - 1st Australian Tunneling Co monument in Ypres.

warspite1 -> RE: OT: Movie Days of the Past (6/8/2015 10:59:38 PM)

[&:]

spence -> RE: OT: Movie Days of the Past (6/8/2015 11:00:26 PM)

Some of the tunnelers handiwork. It's called the "Pool of Peace". In 1917 it wasn't.

[image]local://upfiles/9007/3507E9C81C8C40008CD5E54914F5D13A.jpg[/image]

That's where some of the German trenches were.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI