Expanding the Bridgehead, preset game for banditjim and Viking No2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR

Lars -> Expanding the Bridgehead, preset game for banditjim and Viking No2 (3/16/2003 12:12:43 AM)

Hi guys,

Here's the setup and the conditions.

Italy 09/43, Italy/Ger (jim) vs. US/Brit (Viking).
Vis. 23, length 25.
C&C Off, asterisk ( * ) enabled (sissys ;) ).

I would recommend you to not call for reinforcement before turn 10, and not to allow any bombardment/airdrop on turn 1 cause the deployment zones are not so big. But it’s of course all up to you to decide.

[B]Your orders:[/B]

The Allies has established a small bridgehead on the far side of a small river. Your task as allied commander is to expand it north to make a good foothold in this region.

As the Axis commander, you will have to rush your men to stop the enemy from expanding their bridgehead and if possible throw them back over the river.

I have attached the game files but they are for VikingNo2. I’ve also attached the map in the next reply so you both can view it separately.

Your PW’s will be sent to you separately.

Good luck to you both and happy gaming
/Lars

Lars -> The map... (3/16/2003 12:14:07 AM)

Anybody's welcome to use it as they see fit... :)

Lars -> I'm messing things up... (3/16/2003 12:25:53 AM)

I got banditjim mixedup with Cpt.Pixel when I wrote the first reply. Unfortunatly it wouldnt accept to edit the headline.
But the game is set for [B]banditjim[/B] and [B]VikingNo2[/B]

Sorry :(
/Lars

But, our benevolent moderator [B]gmenfan[/B] made everything right. :)

Thank you gmenfan :D

Capt. Pixel -> Re: I'm messing things up... (3/16/2003 1:22:05 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lars
[B]I got banditjim mixedup with Cpt.Pixel when I wrote the first reply. Unfortunatly it wouldnt accept to edit the headline.
But the game is set for [B]banditjim[/B] and [B]VikingNo2[/B]

Sorry :(
/Lars [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay, that explains it. :D:D

VikingNo2 -> (3/16/2003 2:31:00 AM)

Ok here it is, my complements Lars on force selection, I have no pre bombardment, however I have a Airdrop on turn one the reason is it would not let me change it so I will not airdrop anything past the middle Vhexs. It this is not exceptable Banditjim, let me know

Any here we go

banditjim -> (3/16/2003 9:41:58 AM)

Wow! That was fast! I will be able to return game tomorrow. Do I send the turn directly to Viking or post it here? I accept the conditions of the air drop.... as they say....battle plans never survive the opening shot.

VikingNo2 -> (3/16/2003 10:40:07 AM)

Either one you wish, my email is [email]gregoryjj@hawaii.rr.com[/email]

banditjim -> Setup complete! (3/17/2003 11:36:01 AM)

Great force selection! And the map is fantastic, including so much on a smaller map. Well the Axis has deployed after much deliberation. The German command and the Italian command could not agree on what course to take. When the ranking German commander took out his pistol the course of battle was decided. During initial turn Dakotas dropped troops across the board on a North/South axis. And a Hamilcar crashed. Light tanks I suppose! We shall see.

VikingNo2 -> (3/17/2003 2:25:23 PM)

All quite the Germans must be discussing their surrender

VikingNo2 -> (3/18/2003 8:26:48 AM)

BUMP

banditjim -> (3/18/2003 9:31:36 AM)

Viking....the last turn sent generated a "security violation" error. I resent my most current turn just in case. Did you get the email?

VikingNo2 -> (3/18/2003 1:33:38 PM)

I got the same thing ? I will replay if you want, I am using 7.1 with update

banditjim -> Well.... getting beat up already! (3/18/2003 2:26:43 PM)

Allied air and arty are taking a toll. My AAA is not doing too well. Two planes attacked and took out AAA assets. 25 pound arty took out another. One Tetrarch (spelling may be off) spotted but not fired on. That Hamilcar was carrying an anti-tank gun it seems.

Lars -> Sorry guys... (3/18/2003 5:43:26 PM)

I forgot to mention that every time a game is setup by a third person, you would get the "security violation OOB error" message. :o

The game is made for H2H-mod. I don't know how well it will work in 7.1 I've not tested it in that version.

/Lars

VikingNo2 -> (3/19/2003 2:04:58 PM)

Not much, I got a good look at the German force :eek: :eek:

banditjim -> Revealed..... (3/20/2003 1:32:44 PM)

Viking's air catches my trucks out in the open... but even with lousy AAA I didn't lose anything to his two air attacks. Recon vehicles clash at the center and two of my armored cars take out a 57mm AT gun. One of my 50mm ATs takes out a scout he sent probing behind the line. Right now I feel very vulnerable...as well I should.

banditjim -> (3/25/2003 6:34:42 AM)

Viking's air continues to threaten my center position. Contact with Armored infantry and halftracks to the South and East. Took out one jeep and a halftrack. Also eliminated a US recon squad. I fear this is just the tip of the iceburg. Expecting reinforcements, i.e. US armor any minute.

Buzzard45 -> Re: Revealed..... (3/26/2003 9:20:33 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by banditjim
[B]Viking's air catches my trucks out in the open... but even with lousy AAA I didn't lose anything to his two air attacks. Recon vehicles clash at the center and two of my armored cars take out a 57mm AT gun. One of my 50mm ATs takes out a scout he sent probing behind the line. Right now I feel very vulnerable...as well I should. [/B][/QUOTE]

Try shutting down the main gun on tanks that may see air but no direct fire attacks. They will use the AA MG in the turret more readily. The more an aircraft gets shot at the less acurate his shots. Keep the trucks in the open and near a valuable target. better to lose a truck than an AFV.

banditjim -> Allied air and atry ....ouch! (4/2/2003 6:40:34 AM)

Seems that I have overstepped my advance. Several tanks destroyed this turn. A combined arms attack has taken out forward forces. Lots of halftracks in front of me. Italian air... well..... one tank taken out, another simply harassed.

VikingNo2 -> (4/2/2003 12:30:20 PM)

Not much, lost sight of most of what I spotted last turn, took out a Pz-IV and a Armored car. Trying to relocate the German forces this turn

VikingNo2 -> (4/8/2003 8:33:49 AM)

BUMP

VikingNo2 -> (4/9/2003 2:11:40 PM)

Heavy fighting in the center, there is a small village with Pz-IVs and Shermans crashing through the wall of building trying to get side shot on each other, killed a Pz-III and a Pz-IV in there this turn, a little further North one of my halftracks get killed by a very big STUG

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI