New Mega Campaigin Will: Stalingrad (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Mikimoto -> New Mega Campaigin Will: Stalingrad (4/12/2001 2:57:00 AM)

Hello. I liked so much the struggle in Stalingrad. How about a MC begining with the approaches to the city in the autumm. The bloody fight to take the city (Remember Red October factory). The rumanian collapse in the flanks (operation Uranus begins). The encirclement of the German army. The aerial ressuply and first attempts to break the siege. Lack of supply stops German initiative... Perhaps possibilities of breaking Hitlers commands and abandon the city. The surrender... ¿What do you think about this?

BamnBamn -> (4/12/2001 3:38:00 AM)

I don't even have the game yet.. but I'd vote yes!!

skukko -> (4/12/2001 3:44:00 AM)

Mikimoto, mailto me, I have some suggestions to your camp. What it comes to Stalingrad: No way they can sell it. Unless they do it from russian side :D Think about it: You have your core and you feed all men to russians rugged defence :D nah, its too short anyway... mosh :eek:

Gallo Rojo -> (4/12/2001 4:56:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto: Hello. I liked so much the struggle in Stalingrad. How about a MC begining with the approaches to the city in the autumm. ¿What do you think about this?
Hola Catalán! Estoy casi seguro que una campaña de Staligrado (lado alemán) viene incluída en la versión 5.0, fijate en post más viejos. No es una de nuevas Mega Campañas, si no una de las tradicionales. La secuencia de las batallas es más o menos como vos proponés. Si recuerdo bien, La campaña fue diseñada por un compañero del foro (no recuerdo el nombre) no por Will Bill ni por la gente de Matrix *** In english now: I have read in a previous post that will be an Stalingrad Campaign coming with 5.0 version. Is not a Mega Campaign but a designed one. But, what you guys think about a Soviet side Stalingrad Campaign?

Mikimoto -> (4/12/2001 5:35:00 AM)

Hello. Skukko: I'm thinking in a Campaign covering the adventures of the characters depicted at the film Stalingrad, or something close to it(An elite Sturm Batallion). That includes: The attack in the caucasus, the city fight, the encerclement and the siege, and the hypotethical scape. Gallo Rojo: Proud to be Catalan. And to pertain to the Spanish-speak community. The idea of the Russian side Campaign is... good!!! I like it. Saludos a todos. :cool:

skukko -> (4/12/2001 5:46:00 AM)

Film was good. How do you simulate sewers and boozing in this game? LOL :D mosh no need to answer... :eek:

ruxius -> (4/12/2001 5:58:00 AM)

:) Boys let me say you are incredible!..with so much to be still discovered and enjoyed in SPWAW5.0 and MEgaC DesertWar41 you are just running so far in the future.. May I consider some of your free-time for sale ? I would be very interested in buying a little of that ... ;) Sincerely Frank !

skukko -> (4/12/2001 7:28:00 AM)

Ruxius: In desert is no vodka and there is allways sun and no ice for whiskey. Thats why I dream about frozen hell, or how do we call battles of Stalingrad... :D mosh :D speartime? Who has it? I want it too...

Tom_Davie -> (4/12/2001 12:22:00 PM)

Vodka? Whiskey? Pah; give me a nice straight Gin n Tonic and you'll know my favourite nationality. But a Stalingrad mega campaign? Sure. Tom

skukko -> (4/12/2001 5:41:00 PM)

might it be that if we beg enough, someone of the MC will hear our thoughts of this? mosh :D

kutalik -> (4/12/2001 9:47:00 PM)

All ideas above sound great. I had put some thought before about putting together a Stalingrad campaign from the Soviet perspective (that is if I can ever actually finish my Spanish Civil War one). I always thought it would be cool to design a "mirror" campaign -- one that allowed players to play as either side. Hey think of the commerical appeal for Matrix on a Russian Stalingrad MC -- following on the coat tails of Enemy at the Gates. Once again though how would we simulate boozing and partying down in the bunker (and other movie inventions) ? :D Guess it would be more fun than simulating freezing to death or being assigned to a punishment detail though like in the German film :D

Panzer Capta -> (4/12/2001 11:31:00 PM)

Well lads, let us not even think about putting ice in whiskey.....a sin indeed.

Mikimoto -> (4/12/2001 11:45:00 PM)

Hi, PanzerCaptain. Are you a Highlander? I drink Wodka with lemmon or orange with Ice (on the rocks?) And Cognac, Brandy(spanish version), Xerez, Bourbon and Whiskey without Ice. A mortal Sin, to put Ice in it. But I'm a sinner sometimes and put Ice in the whiskey... Going Hell. :D :mad:

Panzer Capta -> (4/13/2001 2:48:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto: Hi, PanzerCaptain. Are you a Highlander? I drink Wodka with lemmon or orange with Ice (on the rocks?) And Cognac, Brandy(spanish version), Xerez, Bourbon and Whiskey without Ice. A mortal Sin, to put Ice in it. But I'm a sinner sometimes and put Ice in the whiskey... Going Hell. :D :mad:
I am an irishman Mikimoto. Dont worry, ya wont be going to hell for putting ice in yer whiskey!! In fact, you go through less bottles that way. Panzer Captain :)

Grumble -> (4/13/2001 3:21:00 AM)

If "Stalingrad" itself is too short, then what about an MC incorporating the Summer '42 campaign? That would give one Manstein's ops in the south, culminating in Stalingrad battles.
quote:

Film was good. How do you simulate sewers and boozing in this game? LOL
and what you do about Rachel Weisz? on second thought probably better not to ask :eek:

BryanMelvin -> (4/13/2001 9:57:00 AM)

Hold on - there will be a regular Stalingrad campaign with 5.0. This will wet your appetite for what comes later :D :D

Gallo Rojo -> (4/18/2001 6:36:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by BryanMelvin: Hold on - there will be a regular Stalingrad campaign with 5.0. This will wet your appetite for what comes later :D :D
Hi! Was you who designed Stalingrad campaign for 5.0 version?

Maximus -> (4/18/2001 6:58:00 PM)

In response to Panzer Captain's quote on drinks ;) my family is fron the highlands, and just give me a good bottle of single malt Scotch and I'll conquer the world. You know whiskey was invented to keep the Irish from ruling the world. :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI