Cav unit not following orders at all (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo

jardail -> Cav unit not following orders at all (6/16/2015 3:01:31 PM)

Gave the following order to Pire in a division on division sandbox campaign game.

The unit does not move. Any suggestions on what I did wrong?

[image]local://upfiles/18907/CB02C9A90CDE40CAA011DA6A5CF28C63.jpg[/image]

vincere -> RE: Cav unit not following orders at all (6/16/2015 5:28:08 PM)

I'm a noob, so no expert. But aware that sometimes dispatch riders can be intercepted and don't make it.

Also, I think I read about previous SoW titles the AI commander can be timid or dithering. ??

So is this a one off or repeated with all Cav?

Pawsy -> RE: Cav unit not following orders at all (6/16/2015 8:53:37 PM)

yes all of the above :-)

its all orders not just cav, depending on your setting

gunship24 -> RE: Cav unit not following orders at all (6/16/2015 9:14:48 PM)

I will check but I think the "scout" command was changed this game. It no longer appears on the toolbar for cavalry so I think it was disabled to ensure the napoleonic cavalry acted correctly. Obviously they should be able to scout so this makes sense to be able to do so i'll follow this up. For now you may have to order an individual unit to move where you want the scouting done.

benpark -> RE: Cav unit not following orders at all (6/16/2015 11:52:46 PM)

"Scout" is available in the Grog toolbar.

I'd like to have it added back into the standard menu as well. The Grog toolbar is far too small on my monitor, unfortunately- but I've adapted to the regular one quite well. "Scout" is the main order I miss for "Hunt them down" battles, however.

jardail -> RE: Cav unit not following orders at all (6/17/2015 11:45:18 AM)

Scout does appear in the commands for couriers as shown above. If I have to TC a unit and tell it to "go here", then it defeats the purpose of using couriers, and it ruins the immersion in the game.

As far as the courier not reaching the commander, I thought of that too, so I moved right next to the commander and then reissued the order shown above. Got the same result. Nothing.

Come to think of it, this same kind of response is what I used to get out of Cav in SOWG. Nada

jardail -> RE: Cav unit not following orders at all (6/17/2015 12:04:04 PM)

There is definately something that I'm either not doing right or the system of ordering cav units via couriers just does not work at all. If someone here can issue orders to cav and see them carried out, please give me an example of one that would work. (post a jpg of the command screen). I would like to see what I'm not getting here. Thanks in advance.

gunship24 -> RE: Cav unit not following orders at all (6/17/2015 6:28:53 PM)

I can confirm there is an issue with cavalry executing these types of orders. It is supposed to work so we'll get on it. Thanks for posting.

jardail -> RE: Cav unit not following orders at all (6/18/2015 2:24:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunship24

I can confirm there is an issue with cavalry executing these types of orders. It is supposed to work so we'll get on it. Thanks for posting.

Thanks gunship, ya'll are doing a great job!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI