RE: Naval bombardment too inaccurate? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

SeaQueen -> RE: Naval bombardment too inaccurate? (11/26/2015 9:17:05 PM)

You're right, but the same could be said for land mines, surf zone mines, obstacles, bunkers,
infantry platoons, entrenchments and bunkers, smoke, swampy/muddy terrain, vegetation, armored
vehicles in defilade or prepared positions.

I think that until there's been a lot of very careful attention paid to ground combat, discussions
of snipers and sniping are purely academic. Snipers should best be looked at as one (very small)
part of a combined arms effort. Right now, terrain, vegetation, obstacles, supression, defilade,
smoke, land mines, entrenchment, breaching, etc. have little or no serious treatment. Until all
that has been addressed, the effects of sniping on the scale of C:MANO are not going to be
accurately captured. If the intent is a "simulation" and not merely a "game" then all of those
things need to be rectified.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

Speaking of Snipers. CMANO doesn't have any. Should High-precision infantry/sniper/marksman have
laser-like accuracy, and slightly faster firing response (but very long cooldown/reloading time)
to them? I believe one sniper in land-assault scenario can make tactical deployment a lot more
challenging.

Gneckes -> RE: Naval bombardment too inaccurate? (11/26/2015 9:36:26 PM)

I think all those things can (and have, by the devs) be ignored for CMANO as it focuses on Aerial and Naval combat, and also with the scale of CMANO.

SeaQueen -> RE: Naval bombardment too inaccurate? (11/27/2015 7:53:31 PM)

It's on their to-do list.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gneckes

I think all those things can (and have, by the devs) be ignored for CMANO as it focuses on Aerial and Naval combat, and also with the scale of CMANO.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI