Garrison at Colonies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Tyranicus -> Garrison at Colonies (6/27/2015 12:28:28 AM)

Why do my colonies insist on garrisoning my troops when the policy for garrisoning is set to none?

DeadlyShoe -> RE: Garrison at Colonies (6/27/2015 3:15:09 PM)

The ways of the troop AI are mystical and capricious.

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: Garrison at Colonies (6/28/2015 1:39:04 AM)

which means the programming done on the policies is mystical and capricious.. ha..

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Garrison at Colonies (6/28/2015 5:25:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tyranicus

Why do my colonies insist on garrisoning my troops when the policy for garrisoning is set to none?

A few updates back, Elliot put in a hard-coded amount for troops at each colony (four I believe) to
be garrisoned. This was meant to quell the dissent mentioned back then by players that the AI colonies
were not defending themselves well enough against pirate raids. Just FYI.

Tyranicus -> RE: Garrison at Colonies (6/28/2015 10:50:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tyranicus

A few updates back, Elliot put in a hard-coded amount for troops at each colony (four I believe) to
be garrisoned. This was meant to quell the dissent mentioned back then by players that the AI colonies

quote:

Its most definitely more than 4 troops garrisoning up. I set my build to troop number to 25 and it garrisons them all

Bingeling -> RE: Garrison at Colonies (6/29/2015 9:26:50 AM)

I don't have the game available, but are you sure you are not using a setting which indicates something like "keep 25 troops at this colony"? In which case garrisoning them to avoid them being picked up makes total sense.

For all practical purposes, a troop that is not garrisoned won't be there when needed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI