State Own Mining ships? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Orion03 -> State Own Mining ships? (6/27/2015 10:49:21 PM)

I've read that you can make State Own Mining Ships, but I cannot get it to work.

Is this information out of date?

Is it possible to make a state own mining ship?

Thanks

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: State Own Mining ships? (6/28/2015 1:36:57 AM)

essentially no you can't,

you can throw some mining engines on a state-ship.. but its not fun... you have to select that ship and then select which planet you want it to mine.. and it only does it 1 time.. you have to continually make your "state-mining" ship keep going back by manually clicking every single planet you want it to mine.. its worthless..

It's also a disaster to try to do it with more than 1 ship!

so now you tell me, can you make state-mining ships?

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: State Own Mining ships? (6/28/2015 1:39:00 AM)

Are you selecting a Mining Ship role when designing? That would tell the computer that the ship is Private sector.

Not entirely sure why you would need to manually control miners, there really isn't a mechanism to manually load/offload ores and gasses.

HerpInYourDerp -> RE: State Own Mining ships? (6/28/2015 2:48:39 AM)

It's probably something about construction ships with mining components. Only relevant when playing as pirates.

RiftHick -> RE: State Own Mining ships? (6/28/2015 3:02:19 AM)

Yes you can, though it is not as effective as just leaving the private sector to it....however it is on occasion essential if your private sector is not doing what needs to be done, which while this is rare does occasionally happen unfortunately. The most likely time you'll see this is if you need refueling ships and have realised how bad the legitimate refueling ships actually are.

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: State Own Mining ships? (6/28/2015 7:52:50 PM)

quote:

It's probably something about construction ships with mining components. Only relevant when playing as pirates.

Could you quickly elaborate on this in terms of Pirate Play? I've been playing Pirates for ahile now and having ever put mining on construction ships..

Now I'm curious..

HerpInYourDerp -> RE: State Own Mining ships? (6/28/2015 9:46:29 PM)

It's an optional/fall-back tactic for when you're experiencing long-term resource shortages or are facing very aggressive attacks by the AI and you fear a wipe. It lets you mine the specific resource you need to finish your building. I've never had the need to warrant it either, but like mentioned previously it's viable for desperate sitations. IIRC, you'll need to have in cargo all the required materials to finish construction, or otherwise the ship will just fly back to the nearest space port and act as normal; I don't know if the stores are carried back to the port or simply dumped overboard like what freighters with cargo do when they get reassigned mid-task.

Orion03 -> RE: State Own Mining ships? (6/29/2015 12:47:32 AM)

Thanks guys....

now.. refueling ships.... any links to the best way to do them? refueling is a pain.

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: State Own Mining ships? (6/29/2015 3:33:42 AM)

I hate refueling ships, but...

Lots of cargo bays, lots of docking bays.

Refueling Ships only refuel when deployed. Which you do manually.
Have sufficient Docking Bays to cover your standard fleet element size plus 50%. ie. If you build ships in multiples of 4, no less than 6 docking bays. That will refuel a single element and allow for freighters to remove the waste gases at the same time.
Cargo bays to hold the Fuel for transit, NOT Fuel Cells.

Either attach a fleet to one, build lots of defense, or be prepared to lose them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI