RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Elemental -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (9/15/2015 5:01:15 PM)

Pancreatic cancer.

Elemental -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (9/15/2015 5:04:35 PM)

:)

Meyer1 -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (9/16/2015 2:51:26 AM)

So... I guess nobody saw that one coming [:D]

Lobster -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (9/16/2015 3:29:03 AM)

Friday came early this week.

Karri -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (10/23/2015 6:44:41 PM)

Was waiting for Fallout 4, but screw that. Also I am sure I was promised, or at least that I sternly demanded, that I will be invited to the beta whenever it comes. I can't find the thread as the search doesn't really function.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (10/23/2015 10:15:46 PM)

Hey Karri ! The same one from back in the FitE / D21 days ? [sm=00000436.gif]

Just to clarify, there is no Beta. Instead, scenario designers are invited to submit scenarios for approval and designer admission to the IV Development Forum. See here : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3898970

OldGiants -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/6/2015 8:30:48 PM)

My copy of OAOW 3 is from Talonsoft, the original publisher. There is no serial number to enter; the disk is the key. So,

1) Is there anyway I can use the new patch?

larryfulkerson -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/6/2015 8:54:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldGiants
My copy of OAOW 3 is from Talonsoft, the original publisher. There is no serial number to enter; the disk is the key. So,
1) Is there anyway I can use the new patch?

There should be a file in your TOAW directory that is called serialreg.txt and it has your serial number in it. And if you
can't find that file it's registered in your registry but I'm not sure where.

[image]local://upfiles/16287/CEB322CB1D864044A6445F8F3B53C119.jpg[/image]

OldGiants -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/12/2015 1:25:22 AM)

Thanks for the suggestion, however, there is no serialreg.txt file for the Talonsoft game. As I said, the disk in the drive is the copy protection for this one. In fact, I can't evern register the game because the Talonsoft program will only work with a modem. [:D]I will try one of those registration number recovery programs though. I've had good luck with those in the past.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/12/2015 2:03:12 AM)

quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, however, there is no serialreg.txt file for the Talonsoft game. As I said, the disk in the drive is the copy protection for this one. In fact, I can't evern register the game because the Talonsoft program will only work with a modem. [:D]I will try one of those registration number recovery programs though. I've had good luck with those in the past.

Are you talking about "A Century of Warfare"? That isn't a Matrix game. You have to have TOAW III to use the update.

IainMcNeil -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/12/2015 9:12:48 AM)

I think you must be getting mixed up with an older game. There is no Talonsoft version of TOAW III - well at least as far as i know!

Lobster -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/12/2015 12:08:02 PM)

quote:

Just wait a bit and you can get a brand spanking new shiny new game smelling TOAW4. [;)]

OldGiants -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/12/2015 12:33:39 PM)

Yes, I have the original TOAW from Talonsoft. I thought there had been previous versions to that. I'll wait for version 4 to show up.

Karri -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/20/2015 10:26:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Hey Karri ! The same one from back in the FitE / D21 days ? [sm=00000436.gif]

Just to clarify, there is no Beta. Instead, scenario designers are invited to submit scenarios for approval and designer admission to the IV Development Forum. See here : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3898970

Yeah, I still have a burnout from FitE. Was like a drug to me at one point, always had to try playing again :D

sPzAbt653 -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/21/2015 2:00:21 AM)

Well then I shouldn't tell you that there is a FitE2, brand spankin' new from the ground up, by the same guys that did the original FitE. I can hook you up with it if you like ! [:D]

Good to see you are still around.

Karri -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/21/2015 1:15:07 PM)

Well, I started doing freelancing so I have plenty of time in my hand that I should use on writing...but do hook me up. Maybe I'll manage to find the TOAW 3 key from somewhere as well...and the download.

BeirutDude -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/25/2015 10:15:42 PM)

I designed a lot of Scenarios for the previous versions (some good, some not so good [:D] ). How can I help?

Al Sandrik

larryfulkerson -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/25/2015 10:36:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beachinnole
I designed a lot of Scenarios for the previous versions (some good, some not so good [:D] ). How can I help?
Al Sandrik

Hey there Al dude. We can sure use your help. I would suggest you send an email to
tamask(at)slitherine(dot)co(dot)uk and tell him all about your experience and skills and
ask to be made part of the beta team to test your scenarios for the new version. Tell
him I sent you.

friends,
larry

Porphyrogen -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/29/2015 12:10:16 AM)

So whats a new date for TOAW 4 release ?

larryfulkerson -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (11/29/2015 12:28:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porphyrogen
So whats a new date for TOAW 4 release ?

I'd like to know the answer to that myself.

fogger -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (12/21/2015 5:12:40 AM)

Hopefully it will be after you and I stop breaking it but before I finish my test game of FITE2. Can you image the bitching if it was released before we got all the bugs out of it.

larryfulkerson -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (12/21/2015 1:01:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognerd
Well, this has been a favorite of mine for many years.

Do you have any experience with other Matrix games? Like WITP-AE, or WITE or WITW?

quote:

However, I will remain skeptical. As much as I enjoyed creating monster war game favorites (Gulf Stike,
Longest Day and many others) The game engine never seemed to perform historically very well.

I'd like to encourage you to apply as a beta tester for TOAW IV because we can use your experience(s).
Also, there's been changes to the game engine that I can't mention here that makes it perform a lot better ( TOAW IV ).

quote:

But I will probably buy it anyway as making the games is almost more fun than playing them.

I agree that making the games is at least as much fun as playing them. I'm modding Barbarosa '41 for the new version and
I'm learning all kinds of things. Rest assured that the new version of the editor is a LOT easier to use.

Lobster -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (12/21/2015 5:29:42 PM)

quote:

I read Curtis Lemay's post on new features, so now I have a general idea of the new features.

Well, considering the game has been pushed back to Q1 or Q2 of next year I am hoping that the list of features is now obsolete. Meaning more is being done in the way of features. The basic 'stuff' has been in production for years. The release date for 3.5 was April. So, speaking reasonably, changing the 3.5 patch to TOAW4 because of a graphics overhaul should not take that long. Especially considering a very seasoned artist is employed in that endeavor. My fervent hope is that more is being added to the game as the reason for such a long delay after long delay. Otherwise we may be looking at another Combined Arms: WW2/Battlefields.

dmagnusson -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (2/1/2017 7:55:05 AM)

i will aplode and mastubate at the same time

FF_1079 -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (2/2/2017 5:47:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dmagnusson

i will APLODE and MASTUBATE at the same time

I have done neither of those two things in anticipation of TOAW IV ... whatever they are. [&:]

dordo59 -> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! (2/21/2017 8:51:48 AM)

Excellent news ! Thanks to all !

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI