RE: Russian OOB accurate? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

paulderynck -> RE: Russian OOB accurate? (4/22/2016 9:53:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Ahh yes, DNO - Unpronouncable.

Maybe not, I was thinking of Drang Nach Osten! - Unentschieden by GDW.

Paul I was just wondering did you progress beyond Europa 2 [&:]

I may have gotten confused between Europa and and the GDW product I mentioned. I thought at one point it was also referred to as "Europa". Actually a little research today does show them to be the same thing, I think.

http://hmsgrd.com/wordpress/?page_id=2

"DNO" - Drang Nach Osten was a game a group of us played in the mid-70s. It was one of the first "monster games" that took up a large chunk of someone's rumpus room. The Soviet OOB was exceedingly detailed, as no doubt was the German one. It had a lot of chrome to do with armor and anti-tank effects as I recall calculations to do with figuring out if you had one-half or one fifth "ATEC", etc.

I was involved in one game from the start with six players and did some pinch-hitting in a second game when the Russian winter counter-offensive started. I don't think either game actually got finished.

And we never got the "Unentschieden" add-on nor played it.

Extraneous -> RE: Russian OOB accurate? (4/23/2016 3:45:30 PM)

Just so everyone is on the same page of the truly monster Europa series (division and brigade/regiment scale).

The history of the Europa series.

Courtenay -> RE: Russian OOB accurate? (4/23/2016 10:07:12 PM)

What annoys me is that the third edition of the Europa eastern front game exists -- I played play test versions of it years ago -- it just isn't coming out.

warspite1 -> RE: Russian OOB accurate? (4/23/2016 10:38:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

What annoys me is that the third edition of the Europa eastern front game exists -- I played play test versions of it years ago -- it just isn't coming out.
warspite1

Have you read the long running list of excuses as to why? Embarrassing. Fortunately I got my money back as I paid on credit card, but its a very sad state of affairs and I guess the project will never be completed now....[:(]

Courtenay -> RE: Russian OOB accurate? (4/24/2016 5:40:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Have you read the long running list of excuses as to why? Embarrassing. Fortunately I got my money back as I paid on credit card, but its a very sad state of affairs and I guess the project will never be completed now....[:(]

You know what is really embarrassing? I paid by credit card, and never realized that I could get my money back. I have no idea how I could, or could have done that.

warspite1 -> RE: Russian OOB accurate? (4/24/2016 6:45:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

You know what is really embarrassing? I paid by credit card, and never realized that I could get my money back. I have no idea how I could, or could have done that.

Neilster -> RE: Russian OOB accurate? (4/25/2016 4:24:59 AM)

The Red Army's OOB is irrelevant. These untermensch will evaporate before the irresistible force of the Wehrmacht's mighty offensive. Why, we will only have to kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will come tumbling down. The Jewish-Bolshevik menace to Europe will be wiped from the face of the Earth and...

Oh, I'm not addressing my cronies during some endless mealtime monologue. Sorry [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster

[image]local://upfiles/10515/E305BDDD7751428DB16821DA5F60D46B.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI