Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tech Support

vaalen -> Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (7/9/2015 10:03:14 PM)

I bought SOW Gettysberg from Matrix last year, installed it, downloaded the latest patch through the installer and installed that.

When I installed the game, I got what appeared to be a start meny, with several read bars that looked like they should have the names of scenarios or tutorials on them, but had nothing in the bar area. There was nothing around them that could be read.

i have Windows 8.1, and a new Digital Elipse gaming computer that can easily handle much bigger and graphics intensive games.

This game is absolutely useless to me in this state. Any help would be appreciated.

vaalen -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (7/9/2015 11:04:02 PM)

All fixed, I found a solution on the developers forums, ran it in compatibility mode, and it works.

Ed Dix -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (9/4/2015 9:09:32 PM)

Vaalen:
I upgraded to window 10 and now see the same effect of red boxes without labeling. No labeling in the other screens either just an assortment of boxes.
What was your solution?
Thanks
Ed Dix

vaalen -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (12/1/2015 7:05:07 PM)

Sorrry to be so late in answering this, but I have not visited this board since you posted your question.

I used compatibility mode, and ran it under windows xp, sevice pack 2. That fixed everything.

I have 9INDOWS 8.1

hOPE THIS HELPS.

vAALEN

jardail -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (12/11/2015 3:12:18 AM)

Good info, worked just fine.

Snowbart1943 -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (4/20/2016 3:51:37 AM)

quote:

I used compatibility mode, and ran it under windows xp, sevice pack 2. That fixed everything.

How do I do this? I am having the same issues. I have Windows 8.1. Many thanks for your detailed help!!

Snowbart1943 -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (4/21/2016 1:21:28 AM)

Never mind, I figured it out.

toc626 -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (12/25/2016 6:40:20 PM)

I just installed SOW Gettysburg, and have the same issue - red bars on opening page. I can't figure out how to access "compatibility mode." Where do I find the "installation directory"? When I right click on the game folder, and go to properties, compatibility is not a tab.
Thanks!

Doyley50 -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (11/28/2017 1:53:30 PM)

I installed the 150 yr mega pack today. It was working fine until I installed the Fontenoy scenario from the Norbsoft website and then I had the same problem as that described above. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't do any good. Help please!

zakblood -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (11/28/2017 2:02:45 PM)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4099339

here's a guide for windows 10 installing and setup for better compatibility

zakblood -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (11/28/2017 2:03:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doyley50

I installed the 150 yr mega pack today. It was working fine until I installed the Fontenoy scenario from the Norbsoft website and then I had the same problem as that described above. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't do any good. Help please!

the same settings as mentioned above need re doing after a upgrade or addon or patch etc

Doyley50 -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (11/29/2017 5:45:58 AM)

Thanks, I have now managed to get it working.Many thanks for your help.

zakblood -> RE: Start menu unreadable, nothing but some red bars, with nothing there (11/29/2017 7:01:59 AM)

glad your sorted

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI