Add your scenario to TOAW4! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Tamas -> Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/17/2015 2:09:21 PM)

We want to make sure we offer as many high quality scenarios with TOAW4 as possible, as well as keeping the TOAW community involved in shaping the game to its final form.

That is why we invite you to send your TOAW3 scenarios to us!

Our team will review each submitted scenarios, and those that pass our review process will be invited to work with us on upgrading them to TOAW4.

If your scenario is selected and you are willing to work with us to update it to TOAW IV, you will:
-have your scenario in The Operational Art of War 4!
-gain access to the development forum to make sure your scenario works as you intended with the new version, and to give your feedback during the development process
-get a free digital copy of the game on release!

If you are interested, please send your scenario, or scenarios, to tamask[at}slitherine.co.uk

Feel free to spread the word and point your TOAW community toward this forum!

Thanks!

Meyer1 -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/18/2015 12:29:02 AM)

Did not know that there is a development forum [:)]

Falcon1 -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/19/2015 1:04:08 AM)

I think it would be convenient if all the scenarios that are "PBEM Only" would be kept separate from the scenarios with PO capability.
I did this manually for TOAWIII, but it was a pain to do it because I had to open every one individually and look at the scenario briefing.

Also, would be nice to be able to view the map and the OOB while browsing the scenario list.

Tamas -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/22/2015 9:48:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falcon1

I think it would be convenient if all the scenarios that are "PBEM Only" would be kept separate from the scenarios with PO capability.
I did this manually for TOAWIII, but it was a pain to do it because I had to open every one individually and look at the scenario briefing.

Also, would be nice to be able to view the map and the OOB while browsing the scenario list.

These are good points, will see what we can do, thanks.

Freyr Oakenshield -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/22/2015 12:17:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falcon1

Yeah, this is a good idea, but I'm not sure if keeping the "PBEM Only" scenarios separate is practical. Problem is many "PO scenarios" are also often "PBEM" at the same time. IMO, a more practical solution would be to change the menu for choosing scenarios and implement a filter with which we could simply filter out all scenarios marked as "PBEM" - those that are "PBEM Only" and those that are "PO/PBEM."

Falcon1 -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/22/2015 9:50:51 PM)

I'm not saying that we need to identify scenarios that are both PO and PBEM.
I would assume that all scenarios are PBEM capable.

I just want a quick way to know which scenarios are not PO capable, so I can save time by not considering them at all.

Freyr Oakenshield -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/22/2015 10:31:08 PM)

quote:

I would assume that all scenarios are PBEM capable.

Yes, they are. However, humans play scenarios in a bit different way than the PO (e.g. the infamous use of ant units), so sometimes some designers create a special version of the scenario for PBEM, which may slightly differ from the PO version.

Anyway, regardless of what you meant, IMO, a filter allowing to filter scenarios according to different criteria would come in handy, though I know it's likely to be a low priority...

wodin -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/23/2015 2:40:03 PM)

I'd love to see a Stalingrad scenario at coy scale..but upto regiment would be cool. Sorry I have none of my own..

hellfish6 -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/23/2015 9:02:13 PM)

What if the scenario uses a custom equipment database?

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/24/2015 4:15:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hellfish6

What if the scenario uses a custom equipment database?

Not a problem.

WriterJWA -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/24/2015 4:37:21 PM)

I'm not sure what the author's availability is, but these Vietnam Combat Operations scenarios are remarkable!

https://sites.google.com/site/vietnamcombatoperations/

r6kunz -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (7/31/2015 5:46:22 PM)

Greetings all,

Here is the list of scenarios that I plan to submit...

Road to Moscow Series, I-VIII, - already included in 3.5 and should be OK for IV.

Red Thunder II 1988
- ditto.

Ardennes 1944 (v 5.0)- updated on 3XBb, converted back to 3.5 (not included in patch) and is ready to go for IV

Guns of August 1914 - ditto

Korea 2013- ditto

Overlord 1944 (2.5km/ half day, 30 days) but needs more work. November?

Destruction of Army Group Center 1944
November?

Keep us posted with the time frame for submitting the scenarios.

Thanks again for your dedication to this project!

Rob Kunz

Raindem -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (8/2/2015 5:01:09 PM)

If we had scenarios included with TOAW III do we need to resubmit them?

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (8/2/2015 5:52:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raindem

I believe that if you want to participate, then you'll be expected to update them with TOAW IV (using its new features as applicable) and check them out under it. Even better would be if you had something not in III. Didn't you do an American Revolution scenario?

Raindem -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (8/3/2015 12:35:13 PM)

Yes I did Bob (Call to Arms). I plan to submit that along with Blitzkrieg and Campaign for South Vietnam. Thanks.

Curt

Maciek -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (9/28/2015 4:56:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

I believe that if you want to participate, then you'll be expected to update them with TOAW IV (using its new features as applicable) and check them out under it. Even better would be if you had something not in III. Didn't you do an American Revolution scenario?

OK - how to do it without test version of TOAW 4? We (CSTO) made Polish-Soviet War 1920 & Poland 1939...

larryfulkerson -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (9/28/2015 5:10:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maciek
quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
quote:

OK - how to do it without test version of TOAW 4? We (CSTO) made Polish-Soviet War 1920 & Poland 1939...

You're correct that you can't check it out without the game engine so if I were you I'd send an email to Tamas Kiss and explain
what's going on with your scenario's etc. You can probably find him here:
tamask(AT)slitherine(DOT)co(DOT)uk

Maciek -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (10/6/2015 2:27:51 PM)

E-mail to Tamas Kiss has been sent.
Week has passed.
No (ANY) answer.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (10/6/2015 2:39:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maciek
E-mail to Tamas Kiss has been sent.
Week has passed.
No (ANY) answer.

I don't know what else to tell you dude. Send another email?

larryfulkerson -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (10/24/2015 12:21:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
I'd love to see a Stalingrad scenario at coy scale..but upto regiment would be cool. Sorry I have none of my own..

There's a tactical version of FITE that you could play. I've moved some units around and looked it over but it looked
like thousands of units and a huge map and a major life time investment.

BeirutDude -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (11/25/2015 10:19:57 PM)

I designed a lot of scenarios for all of the previous versions, How can I help? I can't get into my version of TOAW III anymore as my Key doesn't seem to work, but I think I have the scenarios backed up. Things like Chinese Farm 73, etc. So how can I help?

Al Sandrik

Trick37_MatrixForum -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (8/28/2016 9:48:41 PM)

How about all previous scenarios, including those developed by others?

Custer7 -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (9/23/2016 3:50:12 AM)

Good day.

Not sure if there is a deadline. I have been working on a modification of Tim McBride's Operation Roundup 1943 with version III w/current updates. It is reworked enough that it is completely different. But I would rather have his input too. I am not sure how to reach him. Just found him in the forum and send a message a minute ago. It was originally a play by email only. I have been working on the PO for both sides. I would say it needs some tweaking, but as is it can be challenging at times vs the PO. Needs more consistency in how the Axis units are named, not so great with the German keyboard set up. The OOB is updated as the internet allowed me to find pieces here and there. I was wondering how far things are along on version IV submissions. Thank you.

Marc J. Custer

larryfulkerson -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (9/23/2016 6:05:24 AM)

quote:

I was wondering how far things are along on version IV submissions

Steve Sill, Thomas Harvey and I are all working on next version scenario's. We're playtesting them to find all the little bugs before they
get released in the wild. My B41 mod isn't working just right and probably won't make the release date. Depends. Yeah, we've been
playtesting for a long time now. 8 months or more. There was a new version of the game engine released just an hour ago. I'm using
it already. Ralph is on the ball lately.

FF_1079 -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (9/24/2016 3:56:47 AM)

Hey Larry,

Will there be a fair amount of smaller scenarios in addition to the monsters like FITE? I remember a small Grenada scenario from ACOW that took only about an hour to work through, sometimes a quicky is a good thing!

larryfulkerson -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (9/24/2016 4:05:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FF_1079
Hey Larry,

Will there be a fair amount of smaller scenarios in addition to the monsters like FITE? I remember a small Grenada scenario from ACOW that took only about an hour to work through, sometimes a quicky is a good thing!

Well, it depends on what you consider "playable". All of the classic scenario's have been converted to the new version but they
haven't all been playtested to see if something broke with the scenario. So you can play it sure, but it might not have the same
balance, or the events might need adjusting, or you know, some small tweak might need to be applied. There's a new scheme to
handle the theater recon value for both sides. Things like that. Plus those scenario's that have a significant number of ships in
them might need balancing since the ships really act like ships now instead of just floating arty. The Grenada scenario is one
that I have powered up some years ago but I don't remember anything special about it that would have something broken just by a
new version. I'd have to take a look at the events to make sure but it sounds like it might be good to go right out of the box.
The only way to make sure is play it.

EDIT: The parts of the above paragraph that describe what needs to be done to a scenario to convert it to the new version has
been done to all the classic scenario's. So right out of the box is the new version already fixed up for the new version.

r6kunz -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (9/29/2016 5:16:10 PM)

Hi Marc,
I am looking at your scenario...I think it would make a nice addition to TOAW IV

FF_1079 -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (9/29/2016 10:38:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: FF_1079
Hey Larry,

Well, it depends on what you consider "playable". All of the classic scenario's have been converted to the new version but they
haven't all been playtested to see if something broke with the scenario. So you can play it sure, but it might not have the same
balance, or the events might need adjusting, or you know, some small tweak might need to be applied. There's a new scheme to
handle the theater recon value for both sides. Things like that. Plus those scenario's that have a significant number of ships in
them might need balancing since the ships really act like ships now instead of just floating arty. The Grenada scenario is one
that I have powered up some years ago but I don't remember anything special about it that would have something broken just by a
new version. I'd have to take a look at the events to make sure but it sounds like it might be good to go right out of the box.
The only way to make sure is play it.

EDIT: The parts of the above paragraph that describe what needs to be done to a scenario to convert it to the new version has
been done to all the classic scenario's. So right out of the box is the new version already fixed up for the new version.

Awesome news! The first full scenario I played from my first version of TOAW was the Korean War that was used as a "try before you buy" sample. I bought the game after playing the turn limited sample several times, I look forward to playing it again once the new game version is ready.

Custer7 -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (10/10/2016 9:58:34 PM)

I am working on a version for IV now. Seems not to support the "SS" rune that many used, hoping I got them all redone. No biggie. New naval system made for some adjustments in Allied objectives. Must admit it makes it a whole different game when it comes to invasions. A few changes in the OOB.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4! (10/10/2016 10:50:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Custer7
I am working on a version for IV now.

That sounds awesume and then some. What's it about. Details, details.

quote:

Seems not to support the "SS" rune that many used, hoping I got them all redone. No biggie.

Yeah, I saw that too. I'm hoping it'll be fixed/restored sometime in the near future myself.

quote:

New naval system made for some adjustments in Allied objectives. Must admit it makes it a whole different game when it comes to invasions. A few changes in the OOB.

Thomas Harvey and I played his Pacific at War scenario several times playtesting it and you're right, there was an evolution
of primative naval tactics Thomas and I came up with. It's all documented in the AAR we did on the development board. At length.

EDIT: [added the link to the aar, and yes I can post a link to the development board because I tested it and it won't let just anybody
in there. If you can't get in there you can't get to the AAR either, sorry.

Here's the link to the AAR:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3932556

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI