"Sudden death" victory condition ?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Resisti -> "Sudden death" victory condition ?? (4/15/2001 12:59:00 AM)

I was playing an advance vs. delay pbem game (being the defender) when at the end of 8th turn (out of 20) the game ended allowing me for a decisive victory, with a victory points ratio above 9:1 and having my foe taken no victory hexes yet. So my questions are: what's the reason for that ? Is there a limit as per victory points difference above which the game ends immediately ? Is it written somewhere which are these limits ? Txs in advance for any help on this.

lnp4668 -> (4/15/2001 1:35:00 AM)

This have been discussed in previous posts. Seems like the game will ended if one side's forces was sufficiently disrupted and hold no victory hexes. One time I obtained a decisive defeat on turn 1. My glider forces attempted to land behind enemy lines and was disrupted during the landing. My main forces walk into a pre plan barrage by the enemy and was sufficently disrupted to cause the game to end. I reload the game, lets the glider land, but keeps my main force stationary for one turn, after that the game was able to proceed normally. Hopefully this will be fixed in future version (with help from players, read David's post)

Paul Vebber -> (4/15/2001 4:02:00 AM)

We think we have greatly reduced teh chances of this happening. The game was only counting good squads, not pinned or retreated ones and comparing a ratio to all others (75% I believe). It now does not count pinned and retreated (but routed or dead squads) towards "morale broken" sstatus so it should be touger to get "sudden death" victory because you happened to pin or retreat 75% of the other guys units. Now 75% have to be routed or dead to trigger that.

Charles2222 -> (4/15/2001 7:54:00 AM)

Oh dear, that French S-35 en masse attack shant give up so quickly anymore! :eek:

Paul Vebber -> (4/15/2001 9:32:00 AM)

No , because the French buy a hoard of infantry now ;), but do often have a good tank reserve!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI