Advice for relatively new player (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

HalfLifeExpert -> Advice for relatively new player (7/22/2015 6:35:50 PM)

Hello there,

I have owned C:MANO since Xmas, having received it as a surprise gift, but have fired it up off and on since then.
I am now getting back into it, having logged around 12 hours with it on Steam.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community here, as well as seek some general advice on learning C:MANO,
which is by far the most realistic wargame I have played.

I have played all 3 tutorials, as well as the first 3 of Uncle Mark's Tutorials (which are great![&o]).

Beyond those, the manual and Baloogan's videos, I have largely limited myself to somewhat smaller scenarios,
chiefly the Battle of Chumonchin Chan and Battle of Latakia (BTW how do you pronounce the name of that Syrian city?)

I would like some advice on larger scenarios to try, to gain some experience with more complex situations.

(I do currently have the most recent version of the Community scenario pack; plus Uncle Mark's 3rd tutorial)

Although the entire spectrum of C:MANO interests me, I am particularly interested in surface warfare.

Yesterday I played one of the community scenarios, Four Ounces can move a Thousand pounds, and did relatively well as JMSDF.
The PLAN units I did encounter I destroyed, despite many wasted sub torpedoes. But I never found any PLAN forces north of Taiwan other than an ASW helo.

I guess my biggest weakness right now is just dealing with a large battle space, and with more than a few aircraft.

Also, I do have one specific question regarding missions:

How do I prevent a unit from leaving it's mission zone (marked by RPs) and going after a contact detected by another unit?
I had this happen yesterday with one of my subs, where it was on the way to the zone I assigned it, but veered off course after a contact detected by one of my surface groups. I just wanted my sub to go to the zone I assigned it and only search in that zone.

I think that's about all I can say at this point for an intro, I also plan to try and build a simple scenario soon, any advice there would be greatly appreciated.

I have many ideas for scenarios, but no actual experience to make them come to life.

Thanks for reading!

Half Life Expert (HLE)

travcrouse -> RE: Advice for relatively new player (7/22/2015 10:19:50 PM)

"How do I prevent a unit from leaving it's mission zone (marked by RPs) and going after a contact detected by another unit?"

You should be able to stop this behavior by unchecking "Investigate contacts outside the patrol area" in the mission editor.

mikmykWS -> RE: Advice for relatively new player (7/22/2015 10:50:19 PM)

quote:

How do I prevent a unit from leaving it's mission zone (marked by RPs) and going after a contact detected by another unit?
I had this happen yesterday with one of my subs, where it was on the way to the zone I assigned it, but veered off course after a contact detected by one of my surface groups. I just wanted my sub to go to the zone I assigned it and only search in that zone.

What travcrous mentioned or consider using prosecution zones.

Mega FAQ entry on Prosecution zones

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2920#327

Take a look at Tomcat's recent example of ways you can better control the behaviors of your aircraft

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3490104&mpage=2�

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI