Strafing Airfields (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

fredlufc1 -> Strafing Airfields (7/24/2015 3:41:19 AM)

I like to Strafe airfields with known aircraft before launching bomber raids but what I don't understand is that 1 minute after the airfield has been strafed aircraft take-off from that airfield even whilst i still have units above.

It's also annoying when the aircraft that have just taken off seem to hammer my aircraft there even though they should have an altitude advantage.

I always thought that the most vunerable time for an aircraft was on take-off or landing? I know it's almost a garantueed kill whilst landing by why not on take-off?

Perhaps I'm missing something but I really like the game.

AlterEgo -> RE: Strafing Airfields (7/24/2015 8:14:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fredlufc1

I like to Strafe airfields with known aircraft before launching bomber raids but what I don't understand is that 1 minute after the airfield has been strafed aircraft take-off from that airfield even whilst i still have units above.

IIRC, aircraft can start from airfields if the runway damage is below 50.
Perhaps you should bomb the airfield and then strafe it, so the aircraft couldn't start.
It's a matter of timing...

And yes, there is an altitude advantage, but it counts also other values like pilot experience and so on.

fredlufc1 -> RE: Strafing Airfields (7/25/2015 12:55:32 AM)

Forgot about experience.

A lot of stuff in the game, probably many things I haven't realised yet

Just experimenting at the moment.

Thanks for the reply Alter.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI