Tax revenue bugged? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Blueinstinct -> Tax revenue bugged? (7/31/2015 11:00:50 PM)

In my current pretty epic game, i suddenly lose tax revenue for no reason:

my Homworld is making 380K atm, my second best is making 156K
Still in the summery my empire is only making 370K (income from taxes) total???

the wired thing is, it happened from 1 moment to another and now iam losing money and moments before i was 100K in the plus. and whats even more strange, the total tax revenue continues to dropp every second and i have no idea why, if i klick on my HW the 380K income remain stable

I have taxes on manual..
anyone has ever seen this or knows whats up? Id really hate to see this game ended by something i cannot explain or correct.

oh and iam playing with extended AI improvement mod.

Save: http://www.mediafire.com/download/79rja6qwwr5fg5t/Tax_Loss.dw

greetings

Seraph86 -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/1/2015 2:48:47 PM)

corruption maybe, maybe a hidden pirate base?

Blueinstinct -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/1/2015 7:51:57 PM)

corruption usually shows in the ammount of tax a planet gives once u klick on it (in the tax info box) but the thing is, that ammount doesnt change.

whats even more strange, my tax income continues to go down, i let the game run on 4x speed and it didnt stop dropping.... seems like abug :/

id really apreciate it if someone could test the save and see if it happens there too

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/2/2015 11:00:20 AM)

I'll try your game.. but it may be a few days before I get back to you..

Blueinstinct -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/2/2015 11:15:47 AM)

that would be great

Bingeling -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/2/2015 11:22:20 AM)

It is happening, and was discussed here a while back. It is possibly due to something like corruption not being treated equally. Or that different periods are used in different screens (like "just now" at one spot and "last 12 month average" in another).

This:

[image]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h426/Bingeling/Universe1/part9/colonies_zps91c88384.jpg[/image]

Adds up to 652K colony revenue.

The economy overview says that colony revenue is 636K

The difference appeared as I got a rich colony with corruption. And increased as the game progressed.

Blueinstinct -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/2/2015 6:21:37 PM)

tnx for letting me know that iam not the only one wondering about this.
The strange thing in my game is, that my tax revenue is dropping from ~520K to ~320K during a very specific timeframe in my game.
In that timeframe there is a point where my HW goes from 92% to 89% compliance in an instant.
So all in all iam fine with a little intransparency in the numbers but losing ~200K income for a reason i dont know is a little harsh.
Do u have any idea what could cause such a dramatic loss in income including the compliance dropp?

greetings

Tehlongone -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/2/2015 6:36:54 PM)

Did your happiness surplus change? AFAIK that's what determines compliance percentage. Any kind of shortage or war exhaustion might bring it down and reduce compliance.

Blueinstinct -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/2/2015 7:27:32 PM)

tnx for the tipp with the happiness surplus, thats exactly what happened, i think caused by reputation loss.

Iam rerunning the test now, and see how far my income will dropp again, i think the issue began when i startet taxing a very good world.
It a 31K 92%quality world and i waited until it maxed out in pop before i hit the tax up to 55% wich gave me aditional ~ 200K.
ever since than my income is dropping constantly.

so iam i understanding this right that the issue is caused by the game adjusting the values slowely to what is the real tex revenue?

Blueinstinct -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/2/2015 10:51:37 PM)

ok, so after some testing it turns out that i make arround 50% of the supposed tax from my HW.

It should be making 346K but is only making 172K
that looks like a bug to me, i mean 50% less? and it seems to affect all planets.
Or is it the difficulty lvl (iam playing on extreme)?

i hope someone can help me out
screenshot

Bingeling -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/3/2015 6:41:02 AM)

It could be difficulty, but the display is a bit lacking if that is the case. I would not be surprised if the penalty is around 50%.

Spidey -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/3/2015 9:57:30 AM)

If we'd been earlier in the lifecycle then this particular issue would almost certainly have been considered a bug but at this stage it is very unlikely that anyone will even contemplate doing anything about it, which means it's a feature that we'll have to live with and hopefully see gone once DW2 is released in a few years.

And yes, I am fairly sure that pretty much nobody hoping to make a living out of building games would intentionally present different information on two screens that ought to have the same information in them, at least not without even a trace of ingame explanation. Doing so would be bizarre beyond words.

As for what it is, I don't think we ever found out, but it seems to be affected by corruption and happiness. Even so, the colony info is supposed to take both of those into account in its displayed information, and during the start of the game there isn't any problem at all, but once you expand a bit and have a whole bunch of clonies, it suddenly kicks in. Furthermore, this thing affects not just the tax revenue but also the actual colony production (GDP). You can tell easily by going through your colonies and sum up their GDP and then comparing with the colony revenue figure in the summary screen.

I wish the devs would weigh in with some detail so we at least had a clue what was going on, but I doubt we'll see that happening either.

Oh, one more thing. It is also present in normal difficulty. I tested.

Blueinstinct -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/3/2015 12:30:23 PM)

Thnx spidey for your response, at least i now know its something common.

I have 1 more question for you as u seem to know the phenomena.
Does it usually reduce the income by 50% or is it sometimes more sometimes less?

tnks for your patiente in explaining things to me

greetings

Raap -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/10/2015 5:38:02 PM)

The penalty appears to increase to a certain level as you get more colonies(or as your total GDP increases?). At first it's not even a percentage, then it goes upwards to 40-50% in mid- or end-game. So a colony that should be making 1million a year is instead making just 500-600k a year that's taxable, even with 0% corruption and lots of happiness on that colony.

Blueinstinct -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/12/2015 7:50:28 PM)

tnx to confirm it raap, thats exactly what iam experiencing... kinda sad

and i have this feeling that the AI isnot getting the penalty as iam looking at its total tax revenue in the diplomacy screen

Flinkebeinchen -> RE: Tax revenue bugged? (8/13/2015 1:49:40 PM)

Thats the hidden cost of bureaucracy!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI