Race Bias Modding (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

ChildServices -> Race Bias Modding (8/1/2015 10:22:16 AM)

If I make a race hate itself in the biases file, will that have any undesired side-effects such as that race being unhappy in its own empire? I'm creating a scenario, and in it the only circumstance in which a race will have more than one empire is out of an "empire splits" event. I want to make sure that they get something that functions like a "nationalism" relations penalty against countries that form out of a civil war.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Race Bias Modding (8/1/2015 2:30:51 PM)

No, only other empires of the same race.

ChildServices -> RE: Race Bias Modding (8/1/2015 2:54:03 PM)

Well that's cool to know going forward.

I don't feel like I should make another thread since we're already here, so I'm going to leave my two feature requests for the map editor here:
1. Make it possible to change the date to a specific year. The way to "change" it right now seems to be to sit there and do nothing on the highest speed setting until you reach the date you want the scenario to start with. If your plan is to make the year somewhere significantly later than 2350, you are going to be sitting there and doing nothing for a very long time.
2. Make global events able to be triggered at specific dates rather than after a timer expires.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI