Money, Cashflow, and Research Potential showing Infinity (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

LordArkham -> Money, Cashflow, and Research Potential showing Infinity (8/2/2015 3:48:01 PM)

What does that mean? I can't seem to make it "normal".

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: Money, Cashflow, and Research Potential showing Infinity (8/2/2015 11:11:39 PM)

put picture using snipping tool in windows in your game..

or press screencapture on your keyboard and show a picture..

just saying that doesn't help too much..

[image]local://upfiles/50589/CDF412FA9C154BEBB21180CCC05EA611.jpg[/image]

LordArkham -> RE: Money, Cashflow, and Research Potential showing Infinity (8/3/2015 1:04:39 PM)

I think it will be a few days before I'm able to post attachments or links. Suffice to say, this has happened twice - I just started a new game and it behaved normally. I will be able to post links soon, and if it happens again I will upload the image to the forums.

I had just assumed this had happened to others but couldn't find any relevant thread on it. This is a great game, but it does have quirks!

LordArkham -> RE: Money, Cashflow, and Research Potential showing Infinity (8/4/2015 2:35:25 AM)

[img]http://s12.postimg.org/8z3qdo3ot/Infinite_Cash.jpg[/img]
windows 7 screen shot

[img]http://s3.postimg.org/p0auooivn/2015_08_03_223807.jpg[/img]
photo hosting

LordArkham -> RE: Money, Cashflow, and Research Potential showing Infinity (8/4/2015 4:52:47 PM)

So... anybody had this happen to them? :-)

Bingeling -> RE: Money, Cashflow, and Research Potential showing Infinity (8/4/2015 5:02:50 PM)

I can't say I have seen this. One question is, though, are you using a mod?

LordArkham -> RE: Money, Cashflow, and Research Potential showing Infinity (8/4/2015 7:03:39 PM)

I'm using the UI mod that Spidey mentioned here:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spidey

Sure, not a problem.

I'm pretty sure I started from Sirian's UI mod.

My slight alterations:
http://imgur.com/3nlkHbm

Strategics have a white edge, luxuries do not. Common strategics have a black background, rares blue, and crystals white. Gasses have a color with a letter. Fuel types are red-orange, ice gas (aka tyderios) is purple, and the remaining three are shades of green.

And since we're talking mods, you might also want to consider Das' Chrome UI mod and the options it provide.

Just to make it perfectly clear, I claim zero originality regarding "my" mod. I simply tweaked Sirian's great work slightly to make the groupings more pronouced.

It's happened twice and I (so far) must scrap the game and start a new one.

Possibly unrelated thing. I would build new research labs and the output would always be greater than my potential.

HerpInYourDerp -> RE: Money, Cashflow, and Research Potential showing Infinity (8/4/2015 8:57:17 PM)

It's probably a bug related to how bonuses for empire values (happiness, income, R/D, etc.) are calculated. I've not had this happen before in my games, but I have been able to cause infinite unhappiness from altering war weariness & happiness bonus modifiers.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI