Customs Tiles (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding

NickGen -> Customs Tiles (8/8/2015 1:10:24 PM)

Hi,
I planned to create a new set of terrains tiles.
I'm looking for directions, help, on the functioning
of the terrain tiles system ...
Some of you have they already immersed in the map engine?

NickGen

RedLancer -> RE: Customs Tiles (8/8/2015 2:12:51 PM)

Go to the editor, load generic data and go to the map.

Press the ` key. Click on TILE in the top left corner. That shows you the screen which controls the hex art.
The possible art is in the right hand column.

So if you have created a new tile and it's in the right folder you should be able to find it.

If you need more help then post below.

NickGen -> RE: Customs Tiles (8/8/2015 2:22:34 PM)

thank you,
I'll check it out ...
I feel that this is a rather complicated system ...
but it should not be a problem, it's my job.[:)]

NickGen

geozero -> RE: Customs Tiles (8/13/2015 11:19:58 PM)

Didn't want to start another thread but I am also interested in tweaking the tiles and look.

I see where all the tiles are at and that they are TGA files. A couple of questions:

1) It appears that there is one larger "map" under all those tiles in the game which allow for the actual coastline to be shown. Where is that image file?

2) Does anyone know of a TGA batch program that would allow changing colors, saturation or contrast as a batch rather than trying to do that on every individual file?

3) Question for the Devs... why did you use TGA files instead of say... png?

chemkid -> RE: Customs Tiles (9/25/2015 2:28:40 PM)

Helpless -> RE: Customs Tiles (9/25/2015 5:34:20 PM)

All tiles are located under \dat\art\tiles. Naming follows terrain name - CLEAR, WOODS, SWAMP, etc.

Helpless -> RE: Customs Tiles (9/25/2015 5:37:33 PM)

quote:

1) It appears that there is one larger "map" under all those tiles in the game which allow for the actual coastline to be shown. Where is that image file?

Coastlines are drawn one by one. There is no one coastline image.

quote:

3) Question for the Devs... why did you use TGA files instead of say... png?

It is hard to find and ask who chose it.

chemkid -> RE: Customs Tiles (9/26/2015 7:25:00 AM)

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Customs Tiles (6/27/2016 8:35:28 AM)

Why is it necessary to use the Editor at all? If I edit the original TGAs, keeping their original names, and then install them as a MOD folder using JSGME, the game should read the new TGAs as if they were the old ones, right?

RedLancer -> RE: Customs Tiles (6/27/2016 4:31:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Why is it necessary to use the Editor at all? If I edit the original TGAs, keeping their original names, and then install them as a MOD folder using JSGME, the game should read the new TGAs as if they were the old ones, right?

That would work but it involves a lot of art as many features have numerous tiles. Were you, for instance, starting from scratch you could reduce the number of base tiles by standardising and adjust the hex art data file in the editor to compensate. It really depends on what you are planning to do.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI