Liberation of french minor countries (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School

nilssone85 -> Liberation of french minor countries (8/27/2015 6:00:58 PM)

Hi!
In our game, vichy was declared and then no minor countries turned free-frence, hence free-france was completely conquered.
I have now liberated a bunch of the african countries, algeria, syria, tunisia after a very successfull british campain in north africa (after declaring war on vichy). The game now says the countries are neutral, and free french seems not to exist any way? This means I can not move any of my fleet into the ports and so on.
Is this correct or a bug?

nilssone85 -> RE: Liberation of french minor countries (8/28/2015 4:43:12 AM)

Save game is attached

paulderynck -> RE: Liberation of french minor countries (8/28/2015 3:36:49 PM)

It is correct. You can't rejuvenate a conquered Free France by reverting to Free France Vichy colonies that you conquer, because the first time you try it, there is no existing entity to revert the colony to.

The only way to get France back into the game on the Allied side is to take Paris and liberate France proper.

nilssone85 -> RE: Liberation of french minor countries (8/30/2015 6:51:30 PM)

So my units in these contries are stuck and useless until Paris is liberated?

paulderynck -> RE: Liberation of french minor countries (8/31/2015 12:39:04 AM)

Sorry, the part about the minors not becoming Free French is correct, but if those countries and all their hexes do not remain controlled by the Allied power that conquered them, then that is a serious bug and should be reported with its description and a saved game attached - in the Tech Support sub-topic here.

There may be a work-around though. If you have a save game far enough back, then if you are asked: "Do you wish to liberate Country X?", select "No". Just keep all conquered Vichy minors, conquered - until the Allies retake Paris.

nilssone85 -> RE: Liberation of french minor countries (8/31/2015 5:52:09 AM)

Ok, can a moderator move this topic to the bug-reporting section?

nilssone85 -> RE: Liberation of french minor countries (9/17/2015 6:03:42 AM)

Bumping this a bit :)

paulderynck -> RE: Liberation of french minor countries (9/17/2015 6:46:18 AM)

It's been reported as a bug to Steve with a link to this thread.

nilssone85 -> RE: Liberation of french minor countries (9/17/2015 9:25:18 AM)

Tnx

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI