Windows 10 effects on SOW Gettysburg (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tech Support

Ed Dix -> Windows 10 effects on SOW Gettysburg (9/4/2015 9:12:53 PM)

With the move to Windows 10 I now have no labeling on the start up screens in SOW Gettysburg. I have read threads on this kind of problem before. What is the solution?

Floyd -> RE: Windows 10 effects on SOW Gettysburg (9/6/2015 8:27:53 AM)

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/technical-help-a-bug-post/70318-sowgettyburg-a-win10

They suggest to run in Win 7 compatability mode.

Ed Dix -> RE: Windows 10 effects on SOW Gettysburg (9/6/2015 4:36:28 PM)

Yes the response from Paulo Costa at Siltherine was everything that was needed including how to find the Compatibility tab on Properties of the autorun file. I have had no problems with SOW since download in 2012 so I did not know how to open the guts and make changes. I am more "historian" than "gamer". Thank you for your reply All the best...Ed

serumph -> RE: How to Run SOW G in Windows 10 (6/9/2016 8:26:43 PM)

Just thought I'd post my experience. The game will crash unexpectedly in W10. However, if you off-click on the icon in the tray or on the desktop or in the directory, you will have the option to "run as administrator". You can also run a compatibility wizard from the same menu. I have the best results on my PC running an intel chip with an NVIDIA graphics card using Windows 8 compatibility mode. Hope this helps you guys and gals out there.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI