Can you expend units in suciide attacks in game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Seytan -> Can you expend units in suciide attacks in game? (9/6/2015 5:25:48 AM)

I recall playing a SPI board game of the Gudduacanal scenario and being able to use my uints in
suicide attacks.

Yaab -> RE: Can you expend units in suciide attacks in game? (9/6/2015 6:52:46 AM)

You can use kamikaze units as Japan in the grand campaign scenarios.

Quick, consult the manual before Alfred sees this thread!

GetAssista -> RE: Can you expend units in suciide attacks in game? (9/6/2015 8:30:45 AM)

It can actually be very useful for LCUs, so that you can kill off the fragment that prevents others from combining into a larger unit.
That Lark batallion at Rabaul always messes with the 8th aussie div if you not evacuate it fast enough. Sure that's reality for you, no allies unit would suicide. With Japanese you can attack repeatedly, but only until your AV reaches zero.

crsutton -> RE: Can you expend units in suciide attacks in game? (9/6/2015 3:00:59 PM)

If you read the Operations report you will see that the message shows up that X unit has committed a suicide attack and is eliminated. It will be a unit that is cut off and already shot up. I doubt a real attack occurs. It is just one of the messages you get when the AI eliminates a unit. Otherwise it is not something you have control over.

Seytan -> RE: Can you expend units in suciide attacks in game? (9/6/2015 10:01:10 PM)

Manual I have is a itty bitty book. I am getting long in the tooth, and though if I asked here with all the resident experts,
That someone could spare me the trouble of squinting till my eyeballs teared trying to find the info.
Anyway, thanks.
As a aside the question really was, can you select a BANZAI attack by choice in the game? I havnt played the AE version in GC much.
I pretty much just play the GC scenario as either side.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

You can use kamikaze units as Japan in the grand campaign scenarios.

Quick, consult the manual before Alfred sees this thread!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI