Destroyed LCU vanishes? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

rev rico -> Destroyed LCU vanishes? (9/12/2015 1:56:18 AM)

First time this has happened. I have a destroyed LCU - the C sub-unit of a division - that hasn't shown up in the destroyed unit list for two turns now. Thus I cannot rebuild it. I've never had a lag time or units not showing up. Any ideas?

Playing RA 7.0

Thanks
Bob

geofflambert -> RE: Destroyed LCU vanishes? (9/12/2015 2:59:09 AM)

I don't believe "sub-units" can be rebuilt. The entire division must be destroyed first.

guytipton41 -> RE: Destroyed LCU vanishes? (9/12/2015 11:15:43 AM)

Hi Folks,

I think that you should be able to rebuild the unit from the A & B components and then break down again. At least that's what I seem to remember from my last game.

Cheers,
Guy

Mike Solli -> RE: Destroyed LCU vanishes? (9/12/2015 12:49:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: guytipton41

Hi Folks,

I think that you should be able to rebuild the unit from the A & B components and then break down again. At least that's what I seem to remember from my last game.

Cheers,
Guy

That is correct.

crsutton -> RE: Destroyed LCU vanishes? (9/12/2015 9:49:35 PM)

However, if the unit is scheduled to be withdrawn at a later date, you may not be able to rebuild it. I do not know if this is the case with a sub unit. Usually, if you lose regiment out of a division you just recombine the other two and can then re divide it into three regiments that are about 2/3rd strength each.

Lokasenna -> RE: Destroyed LCU vanishes? (9/13/2015 1:18:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

However, if the unit is scheduled to be withdrawn at a later date, you may not be able to rebuild it. I do not know if this is the case with a sub unit. Usually, if you lose regiment out of a division you just recombine the other two and can then re divide it into three regiments that are about 2/3rd strength each.

If it's a regiment, I think you have to buy it back before you can combine... but if it's the A/B/C parts of a division, you should just be able to combine and split again.

I've had this happen with the Australian divisions, particular the one(s) with parts that start in New Guinea and the Gilberts and such. It's somewhat common for the pieces at Moresby, Nauru, etc., to lose those pieces to early invasions before you can pull them out. I'm 90% sure you have to purchase them out of the unit buyback list.

rev rico -> RE: Destroyed LCU vanishes? (9/14/2015 11:31:12 PM)

Great! I will try combining the two remaining segments.
Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI