Hello - New player (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Warrior33 -> Hello - New player (9/18/2015 12:03:32 AM)

Hi all, I just purchased CMANO last night on Steam. I used to play the Harpoon series religiously when it was around; even dabbled with creating scenarios.

I'm very interested in World War II scenarios. Realizing CMANO is designed more for modern naval warfare (a.k.a Harpoon), are there any scenario packs out there that folks have already done for battles such as Leyte Gulf, Coral Sea, Midway, Pearl Harbor?

A few weeks ago I jumped into the World of Warships open beta - don't get me wrong its fun but not definitely not a simulation - while searching around for currently available naval strategy/simulator games. It gave me an itch I haven't scratched since the 90's so I am desperately seeking a WWII simulator that is fit for today's PC. Any suggestions or should I just start digging into the CMANO editor and start tinkering?

Dysta -> RE: Hello - New player (9/18/2015 12:30:15 AM)

Hello,

I also think that way if there is such of hypocritical scenario involving with time-travel war between modern and WW1/2 era combat, or making chapters/campaign of scenario that happened in past, present and future together (good for alternative history scenarios).

But it is pretty much a high-tech combat and command management in CMANO, playing with WW2 arsenals won't do much of technical references of how they fought in the past, and what it could contribute to modern navy. But there is a CNI expansion pack will be released in the future, I might guess there should be some classical warfare to be sold in separate package.

LoBlo -> RE: Hello - New player (9/18/2015 2:43:20 AM)

Welcome to the forums Warrior33. I bought Command soon after its release and its still my fav game to play. Glad you like it too.

I don't know of any specific scenarios WWII as I'm a modern/futuristic wargamer myself. If you download the community pack on the downloads page you'll see some 1940s era scenarios, but not WWII specifically. Its something for the devs to think about if they are considering a 2nd expansion pack (WWII units/era).

Here's a link to the downloads page. http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876 The community pack is cumulative.

LB

Warrior33 -> RE: Hello - New player (9/18/2015 3:14:54 AM)

Thanks for the replies! I'm sure to like CMANO. After just a few games, it feels very much like the old Harpoon.

I would love to see a WWII expansion. For now, I'm doing some reading/research and looking at doing a Leyte Gulf scenario. Hopefully the editor lets us add our own units. Should be a lot of fun working with CMANO.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Hello - New player (9/18/2015 4:54:58 AM)

CMANO is like harpoon on the face of it, but has much more tactical depth once you scratch the surface. I'm still finding nice little surprises every time I play.

AlGrant -> RE: Hello - New player (9/18/2015 8:54:54 AM)

Hi & welcome,

I'm also a new player having only got the game about a month ago.
Loving the game and very impressed with what I've seen so far on both the Dev support and the wider community involvement in producing scenario.
Just taking my first steps with the editor and some basic Lua scripts.

I get some time CMANO time most evenings and also managed some game time at work. Was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked running some of the smaller scenarios when logging in to my home laptop from work using TeamViewer!

My biggest problem with the game so far ........ once I start playing the hours just fly by! Thankfully Commander-in Chief Home Forces (a.k.a. my wife) is very understanding [:D]

LoBlo -> RE: Hello - New player (9/18/2015 2:30:06 PM)

I forgot to link the page above. Fixed. http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

smudge56 -> RE: Hello - New player (9/18/2015 9:09:35 PM)

Welcome new Players [:)]. There was one scenario which I think Baloogan put on you tube based on a film, where a modern aircraft carrier is sucked back in time just before pearl harbour is attacked. For the life of me I cannot remember the films name even though i've seen it loads of times (old age catching me up).

I'm not sure if that scenario is in the list already, if you may be ablre to get it from the forums. They did add a few end of ww2 stuff in but not much have a look at the databases.

Anyhow welcome i hope this may be of use to you.

mikkey -> RE: Hello - New player (9/18/2015 9:49:29 PM)

Welcome Warrior33, you can look at AAR - Tora, Tora, Tora by acb3 or try it[8D]

Warrior33 -> RE: Hello - New player (9/19/2015 1:15:13 AM)

Awesome, thanks! I downloaded both the community pack and the Tora, Tora, Tora, AAR.

Man I remember that movie!

------

I can see the game struggling with so many units but acb3 seemed to get it to work for him. I hope that the engine can handle large numbers of WWII era ships with minimal radar, sonar, and missile data without too much trouble.

I'm reading an interesting book now that culminates with Leyte Gulf. (Sea of Thunder by Evan Thomas)

There's some mention of a few WWI era platforms/ships that were still in service during 41-42. Is it possible to add a unit/ship/platform to the database through the scenario editor?

smudge56 -> RE: Hello - New player (9/19/2015 9:46:31 AM)

Yep that was what I was thinking of but could not remember.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI