Can You Limint # of Missiles Fired? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

BKL -> Can You Limint # of Missiles Fired? (9/21/2015 1:35:48 AM)

On a mission I notice that some of the units will fire a large number of missiles, even though there might be a very high hit probability. I would like to change it so that if the number of missiles fired is limited, say to 2 per attempt. If the hostile target remains, then another two, etc. I'd rather do this than have the unit fire 6 missiles when it really only will need one or two to destroy the target. I want to save ammunition.

Can I do this?

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Can You Limint # of Missiles Fired? (9/21/2015 1:42:01 AM)

The way around this is to do a manual firing. When engaging, select 'Engage Targets Manual' instead of 'Engage Targets Auto'.

There you can manually assign any number of missiles from your unit/group to individual enemy units from the group or individual target you have selected.

i.e. If engaging a SAG, you can assign one missile to a small lightly armed ship, and 3 or 4 to a destroyer if you so wish.

This applies with all units and pretty much all weapons, even .50 Cal. machine guns.

BTW, definitely have the scenario paused while setting up the salvos.

thewood1 -> RE: Can You Limint # of Missiles Fired? (9/21/2015 2:11:46 AM)

Isn't that what WRA is for?

Dysta -> RE: Can You Limint # of Missiles Fired? (9/21/2015 2:42:09 AM)

Even I played CMANO for a long while, I still rarely use WRA, though I do use manual attack (Shift+F1) to manage the launch per salvo.

BKL -> RE: Can You Limint # of Missiles Fired? (9/21/2015 2:48:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

Even I played CMANO for a long while, I still rarely use WRA, though I do use manual attack (Shift+F1) to manage the launch per salvo.

I'd rather use WRA if I could. I prefer not to have to do all these attacks manually. Can you confirm that's what it's for?

ComDev -> RE: Can You Limint # of Missiles Fired? (9/21/2015 4:11:04 AM)

Here, Weapon Release Authorization (WRA):

http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=3598

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI