RE: Casualties (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

morvael -> RE: Casualties (9/30/2015 6:31:28 PM)

Two related fixes:
quote:

72. Fixed a bug where scouting attacks were showing pre-battle CV and odds as final, but effects were resolved using final odds that were not shown.
73. Fixed a bug where scouting attacks removed 1 fort level if they ended up with odds above 1.50 to 1 (for the attacker).

...so those scouting attacks could be nasty

heliodorus04 -> RE: Casualties (9/30/2015 7:45:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown

Ha, ha, I'm trying to picture this scene. 800 men are crossing the river while being bombarded by 200 artillery pieces. Then they decide it was not worth it and cross the river AGAIN without taking a single loss. [:D]

Kriegsmarine tryouts for the U-Boat fleet.

mooreshawnm -> RE: Casualties (9/30/2015 8:45:22 PM)

Just out of curiosity how big of a role did attrition play in RL? I looked at an earlier link provided in this thread and there sure didn't seem to be a huge variation whether an offensive was ongoing or not. Those parts of the front that were quiet for long stretches (I realize there were lots of 'little attack' we don't generally hear about)of time, were those divisions slowly bled to death or were they in good shape when the inevitable offensive came? What strength were the divisions of AGN (that weren't directly facing the guys trying to break into Leningrad) in 43?

chaos45 -> RE: Casualties (9/30/2015 9:19:33 PM)

Historically the German Army never recovered from the losses it suffered over the winter of 1941 into 1942. The German army came very close to being completely routed and destroyed in front of Moscow....not propaganda but honest truth. Luckily for them Hitler ordered the not one step back order and some very talented German Generals stepped up to the plate and effectively managed the disaster and restored the frontlines actually turning it around by spring into several stinging Soviet defeats.

When the German army prepared for Operation Blue- the attack towards Stalingrad/Caucuses They basically sent almost all the new replacements, new equipment, and new formations to AG South to build it up for the offensive. Even then historically this only brought the army group up to around 80% ToE if I remember correctly in most assets like tanks, trucks, and combat infantrymen. They also did this by stripping some formations in the north and center of select units and equipment and transferring them to the south.

So if the main effort was only 80% manned and equipped how do you think the rest of the front looked? I dont have numbers off the top of my head but I would guess AG North and AG Center were all around 50-70% manned/equipped at this point. Thats probably the biggest failing of WiTE is you end up with both armies staying at 90%+ ToE almost all the time in 1941/1942 and so far even into 1943 is what we are seeing.

heliodorus04 -> RE: Casualties (10/1/2015 2:34:59 AM)

When Bagration started, Army Group Center had two hundred tanks in total.
(I am supposing they do not count things like StgIIIs and Marders as 'tanks' but I wouldn't know for certain.)

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI