amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

randallw -> amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (9/27/2015 4:56:51 AM)

I recently started a new ( full ) campaign. Very early in the war the Soviet side has only 29 tactical bomber units. Were a bunch removed in the most recent patches?

latosusi -> RE: amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (9/27/2015 9:12:40 AM)

you need to build them just like you would build any other unit

randallw -> RE: amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (9/28/2015 8:32:12 PM)

I'm stating that a lot of them seem to have disappeared. Do you understand what I mean?

Denniss -> RE: amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (9/28/2015 9:36:00 PM)

Can't remember to have units removed, you were probably used to get spammed with auto-built units.

Gabriel B. -> RE: amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (9/29/2015 5:45:01 AM)

The soviet side had only 502 tac-bombers at start (plus the i-153bs and I15 bis fighter bombers )

332 su-2, 57 il-2,77 yak-2, 36 yak-4.

some batalions will upgrade to regiments as production of Il-2 ramps up.

Denniss -> RE: amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (9/29/2015 8:49:23 AM)

And the Yak-2/-4 were actually used as recons or quickly converted to this role.

randallw -> RE: amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (9/30/2015 7:24:01 PM)

Early in the game I set my air units to manual upgrade and change the tac and level bombers to night missions. It seemed as if the list of tac bombers used to be a lot larger. Maybe it was that I did it with tac and level bombers at once instead of separately.

Only 500-ish designed tac bombers + whatever fighters converted to tac role seems pretty small for an airforce numbering around 12 or 14K total. Maybe I have more to begin with and they were wiped out on the airfield attacks of Axis turn 1?......but those massive results were knocked down after a few patches?.....

charlie0311 -> RE: amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (9/30/2015 8:08:17 PM)

Hi R,

You want to build your own air groups as the game now stands. You can start to do this in '41, don't have date in memory. Select a urban/light urban hex. Then select "build unit" icon at the top of map. At the start you can only build some Inf,ect. Later you can do airgroups( by type of aircraft ) and airbases. The production system will provides lots of tac air. That has changed too, so maybe look thru all the patchnotes.

All those patchnotes, all over the place. Hey M, shoot a note to Titanium Trout, he seems to be the guy to assemble the "how to do it" stuff. :)

randallw -> RE: amount of Soviet tactical bomber units (10/1/2015 7:16:15 AM)

Yes I did notice in the recent patches the option to build airbases and air units. Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI