RE: East Coast Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

dr.hal -> RE: East Coast Question (10/2/2015 4:41:13 PM)

That's fine, but it doesn't matter if it is NOT in the fuel bunkers of the ship in question. Fill the ship up and you will resolve the issue.

LCMS -> RE: East Coast Question (1/15/2016 3:05:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

In strategic mode an -R will show up by the base to indicate transport by rail.

You can also send air groups and troops to far east using strategic mode
Provided the command structure is correct. Look for the base to show up on the transfer
screen. In this case Eastern USA to Cape Town. Notice the -s by the base.

[image]local://upfiles/49386/71266B1B7C274CAE8C18D910C0FDF36C.jpg[/image]

The first 5 groups in your attachment have "-s". So this is strategic mode? How can an air group make it all the way to Cape Town on it's own? No way P39 can fly that far. -38 days? This is my first time on this game, and I am confused on these data and designations.

BillBrown -> RE: East Coast Question (1/15/2016 3:13:37 AM)

The -s means it will travel by cargo ship.

BBfanboy -> RE: East Coast Question (1/15/2016 6:40:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

I like to build up a large number of "green troops" in one place , then "blood" them against a much smaller force. That way their losses are minimum, they get extensive experience , before you send them off to fight on their own. I do the same with squadrons , constantly recycling through "nugget" pilots to gain rapid experience.

If you are sending a an air unit to the CBI via the "backdoor route", you might keep them training on route. That way you can send a slightly lesser trained unit out , and it will equal out by the time it arrives.

**** You know after reading this I wondered something...Is this gamey?" [&:][:(]

Naah! Pilots train each other by doing air maneuvers with their hands. Saves a lot of fuel and can be done anywhere.[:D]

BBfanboy -> RE: East Coast Question (1/15/2016 6:42:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Agreed mostly, but I don't do dogmatic choices, only catmatic ones.

Does that mean cats taste better than dogs?

kaleun -> RE: East Coast Question (1/15/2016 3:24:31 PM)

you have to refuel the ship. it won't do it automatically

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI