Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985

berto -> Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 7:40:09 PM)

[:D]

[image]http://pikt.org/matrix/cs/graphics/OnCounterUnitStats4.jpg[/image]

[image]http://pikt.org/matrix/cs/graphics/OnCounterUnitStats6.jpg[/image]

[image]http://pikt.org/matrix/cs/graphics/OnCounterUnitStats8.jpg[/image]

[image]http://pikt.org/matrix/cs/graphics/OnCounterUnitStats2.jpg[/image]

As a toggled option. Play it your way.

Jason Petho -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 8:08:44 PM)

This

Is

Awesome!!!

Big Ivan -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 8:23:04 PM)

Wow, a whole new generation of CS!![&o]

Jafele -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 8:40:31 PM)

Impressive! [X(]

FroBodine -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 10:17:06 PM)

Super duper cool! I can't wait!

Berto - have you seen the black silhouette counters in the mod forum? Those are also very cool, but are currently only available in the '4' zoom level. I would love to see those in all zoom levels, but sadly I'm not a modder. Hint, hint. [;)]

Warhorse -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 10:24:29 PM)

Nice pic of "Pappy" Boyington, Semper Fi!! Loved that series, Baa-baa, Black Sheep!

Grim.Reaper -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 10:53:21 PM)

Very nice...any more hints to other enhancements:)

budd -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 11:34:14 PM)

Very nice. Do you get to pick which options show on the counter or are they fixed at the big 4.

You buy yet Grim[:)]

dox44 -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 11:36:54 PM)

excellent!

Grim.Reaper -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 11:42:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Very nice. Do you get to pick which options show on the counter or are they fixed at the big 4.

You buy yet Grim[:)]

Almost there....after making several other recent purchases just letting my credit card cool down:)

VegasOZ -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 11:43:06 PM)

GREAT WORK...

demiller -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 11:51:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

Almost there....after making several other recent purchases just letting my credit card cool down:)

You know the only reason we don't have black counters at all zoom levels yet is because you haven't bought the game yet, right?[;)]

Grim.Reaper -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/5/2015 11:53:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiller

quote:

You know the only reason we don't have black counters at all zoom levels yet is because you haven't bought the game yet, right?[;)]

So much pressure:)

Crossroads -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 4:07:41 AM)

"Day of the Centurion"

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/32195/74267EEF06024E6F83214F831238121F.jpg[/image]

"Squee"

Bradley62 -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 4:16:55 AM)

Oh my that is sharp looking counters!

Crossroads -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 4:33:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiller

quote:

It is allright. Now that Berto's forced my hand - and what I way to do that! [&o] - I will get cracking on the alternative zoom levels as a priority. I should have them out by EOP this weekend.

berto -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 6:09:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jglazier

Super duper cool! I can't wait!

Berto - have you seen the black silhouette counters in the mod forum? Those are also very cool, but are currently only available in the '4' zoom level. I would love to see those in all zoom levels, but sadly I'm not a modder. Hint, hint. [;)]

That's Crossroads' department. He's promised to adapt the mod to all zoom levels, maybe as early as this weekend.

@Everybody: On-counter unit stats will be available in Zoom-In and Normal display modes only. Zoom-Out will display as before: On-counter icons only, no stats. (And Extreme Zoom-Out will still display blank counters, no other frills.)

Also, on-counter unit stats will definitely be included in the ME 1.01 patch. But don't go looking for it soon. Late November is the likely earliest release date (depending on Matrix/Slitherine's schedule).

Patience, everybody. It will be worth the wait!

berto -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 6:10:46 AM)

quote:

Very nice...any more hints to other enhancements:)

In due course, in due course...

[sm=00000506.gif]

berto -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 6:16:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Yes, fixed, as you see it now. We are approaching the point of Options overload. So many different display options, so many different ways to play the game! Too many, some players get confused. Not to mention the coder! [sm=dizzy.gif]

The layout is, by the way:

S M
A D

where S is Strength, M is Morale, A is Assault, and D is Defense.

No hot key toggles, no Options, the stat layout as described -- that's it!

(Note: You still have the color-coded thermos for displaying APs, SPs, and Morale. No plan to extend the thermo choices at this time.)

Crossroads -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 6:27:27 AM)

Yes, consider my mods an Open Beta of a sort please.

I will get the Black Unit Profiles mod out, but while doing it I want to experiment having for instance Leaders with Org Level markers as HQs have. You might have observed all HQ counter icons have the corresponding text (Btln, Regt, Bgde, ...), I want to extend this to leaders too. Might also experiment with ditching the text and putting a symbol in place also, to allow for easier scaling of icon sheets to various zoom levels. So likely II for Bn, III for Regt, X for Bgde, and so forth. So I want to take some time with this to consider my options.

Meanwhile, here they are again, with Thermos for APs ON, with black profiles, and with an experimental 46x46 Std Counter (current one is 44x44 pixels).

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/32195/E5416056780847D797205DF5374253A3.jpg[/image]

"squeeeee"

berto -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 6:43:49 AM)

If it's not clear, Crossroads' black silhouette unit icons will be elevated from mod status to become an officially supported, built-in game Option, beginning with ME 1.01.

strykerpsg -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 7:07:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

"Day of the Centurion"

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/32195/74267EEF06024E6F83214F831238121F.jpg[/image]

"Squee"

WOW! Total flashback of Avalon Hills Arab Israeli Wars counters......looks exactly like it. Great job!

Hoplite1963 -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 8:39:37 AM)

Interesting convergence here with the counter style in the "Flash point Campaigns Red Storm" game. Wonder how feasible it would be to add directional arrows to the counters as has been done there ?

Really like the way that the Campaigns Series is being developed now.

Keep up the good work.

berto -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 8:54:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian in Brentford

Interesting convergence here with the counter style in the "Flash point Campaigns Red Storm" game. Wonder how feasible it would be to add directional arrows to the counters as has been done there ?

We don't refer to other games when deciding what to do with the CS, honest! (Well, TOAW inspires us a bit, to be honest. [;)])

How to do on-counter unit stats was a matter of intense debate within the Dev Team, unresolved until just recently. We are still undecided how to handle facing.

quote:

Really like the way that the Campaigns Series is being developed now.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!

surfcandy -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 2:48:04 PM)

It looks awesome!

Crossroads -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 6:10:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Yes, consider my mods an Open Beta of a sort please.

I will get the Black Unit Profiles mod out, but while doing it I want to experiment having for instance Leaders with Org Level markers as HQs have. You might have observed all HQ counter icons have the corresponding text (Btln, Regt, Bgde, ...), I want to extend this to leaders too. Might also experiment with ditching the text and putting a symbol in place also, to allow for easier scaling of icon sheets to various zoom levels. So likely II for Bn, III for Regt, X for Bgde, and so forth. So I want to take some time with this to consider my options.

Nah. I will bide my time regarding the new version. The Black 2D Unit Profiles mod now includes all three 2D views where icons presented. This is a quick 'brute force' version, for I have removed details such as text that does not scale well, but would have required manual editing on all icon sheets.

Let me know if you spot anything erroneous, was a quick hack for I had a few hours available for this today.

berto -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 9:48:11 PM)

Is this not gorgeous, or what?

[image]http://pikt.org/matrix/cs/graphics/OnCounterUnitStats10.jpg[/image]

FroBodine -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/6/2015 10:53:10 PM)

Stunning! There's no way I can wait until late November or later for 1.01!! Doesn't Matrix Games understand the priority here?!? [:)]

demiller -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/7/2015 12:55:19 AM)

Man, this is really looking stunning. I'm really impressed to see a classic game system get such great treatment!

budd -> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress (10/7/2015 1:39:20 AM)

agreed, can't wait for the WW2 stuff to be updated.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI