Having issues with 1.09? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

VPaulus -> Having issues with 1.09? (10/22/2015 10:06:42 PM)

Hi guys

some people are having issues running v1.09. If you get a warning saying you need a license when you have already bought the game then please try this:

Open the game installation folder. Locate and select a file named "Command.exe". Press the right mouse button and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility2 tab. Tick the option "Run this program as an administrator". Click on "Apply" and "Ok". Double click on "Command.exe" for running the game.

If you are running Steam version, please also try also running Steam as Administrator:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5688-ifhz-2170

The issue is Steam sometimes needs admin level access to do its ownership checks. This is a problem that affects many games on Steam and these are general instructions from Steam on how to work around it.

If this doesn't help please let us know!

karatepenguin -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/22/2015 11:13:52 PM)

NEvermind

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/22/2015 11:24:46 PM)

The workaround does work, however, the steam page linked says it is a temporary solution. If you have not already, you should get in contact with valve and work out the issue, it probably is just a simple bug, but hopefully it can be fixed in the next Steam Client update.

Perhaps even the current steam issues are playing a part in the problem.

rochrist -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/23/2015 5:13:36 AM)

I'm running both Command and Steam as admin. Still says every scenario is unlicensed.

Dimitris -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/23/2015 6:46:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rochrist
I'm running both Command and Steam as admin. Still says every scenario is unlicensed.

Hello,

If you bring up the credits window ("Top menu --> Help --> About Command"), under the "Licensed Modules" text, which modules does it list? Can you please post a screenshot of the window?

Thanks.

MichaelJCuozzo -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/23/2015 3:02:56 PM)

My only licensed module is Command Full Version.

Tried running as an admin, the scenarios still show as unlicensed.

mikmykWS -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/23/2015 3:21:40 PM)

Hi Mike

Try reinstalling Command and then applying the patch (update button for file).

If you bought NI please install over Command.

Thanks!

Mike

IainMcNeil -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/23/2015 5:20:58 PM)

If you are having a problem can you let us know if it is on Steam or not.

The issue seems to be to do with the serial numbers so we took out the code for that from Steam as it does not need it, so the steam update just released seems to fix all issues.

For our installer version you could try running the game as administrator. We're still looking in to what might be the cause and will get a fix out as soon as we know what the issue is.

MichaelJCuozzo -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/23/2015 6:16:21 PM)

I don't have a Steam version, I bought the game from Matrix/Slitherine. I am going to try Mike's suggestion and re-install the game and then the patch. Unfortunately, I had to email Matrix for my serial number first. I don't have it anymore. Let you guys know if it works. BTW, I did try as an administrator and it got me into the game but to play the Northern Inferno scenarios it says I'm 'Unlicensed' and won't let me

mikmykWS -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/23/2015 6:41:27 PM)

If your old directory is still there look for a file called serialreg.txt. Your old serial number is likely there.

Mike

Kokolores -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/23/2015 8:04:38 PM)

-----

Edit: Reinstalled (Steam version), and it all seems to work properly again.

Thanks! :-)

rochrist -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/23/2015 9:08:33 PM)

Sorry, I didn't see this last night. You guys ar so quick! Anyway, all better now with the patch.

ldc83402 -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/24/2015 7:09:24 AM)

I bought the game through Matrix and managed to get it to install and run. The one issue I have at this time is when pushing the Check for Updates button on the launch screen, it gives me an error that Windows cannot find \update.exe. I'm guessing this is not supposed to happen. Some help would be appreciated.

michaelm75au -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/24/2015 7:38:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ldc83402

I bought the game through Matrix and managed to get it to install and run. The one issue I have at this time is when pushing the Check for Updates button on the launch screen, it gives me an error that Windows cannot find \update.exe. I'm guessing this is not supposed to happen. Some help would be appreciated.

I believe that this has been reported. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3953624

Are you currently on the latest 1.09 Final?

Rob322 -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/24/2015 7:50:59 PM)

I tried setting up as an administrator and I still can't access the campaign, says they're unlicensed. Is there anything simpler than reinstalling everything?

VPaulus -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/24/2015 8:13:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob322

I tried setting up as an administrator and I still can't access the campaign, says they're unlicensed. Is there anything simpler than reinstalling everything?

Is it Matrix or Steam version?

ldc83402 -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/24/2015 11:59:33 PM)

Yes, bought the game after the release.

JohnTargus -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/25/2015 6:47:21 PM)

I'm also experiencing the same issues. I have the Matrix version and I do not see any serial number for Northern Command. I had to download this because the updater kept blowing up and now it keeps wanting a serial number for Northern Command

JohnTargus -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/25/2015 6:49:33 PM)

P.S., why all the sudden difficulties?

Kojusoki -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/25/2015 11:50:53 PM)

Dear support,
I bought Command like 2 yrs ago (matrix, NOT steam) and I have no idea where can I obtain the NI licence code from.
The serial from command doesnt work - is the same like serialreg.txt from command folder)

VPaulus -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/26/2015 12:07:35 AM)

By default the update will install in a folder that might not be the same as the original game installation.
Please make sure that you are installing the update in the same folder as the original game is installed.

michaelm75au -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/26/2015 8:51:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NickStone

I'm also experiencing the same issues. I have the Matrix version and I do not see any serial number for Northern Command. I had to download this because the updater kept blowing up and now it keeps wanting a serial number for Northern Command

Don't you need to buy NI first? You will then get a serial number to unlock NI.

JohnTargus -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/29/2015 3:35:13 AM)

No, I was under the impression previous owners would get this update and extra at no cost.

Dimitris -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (10/29/2015 5:43:35 AM)

You get the v1.09 update for free, but the NI campaign & scenarios cost extra.

ParachuteProne -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (11/5/2015 2:17:28 AM)

I also cannot load any scenarios. Matrix version.
Just bought a new pc today. Windows 10.
Downloaded 1.09 757.2. Game starts ok but I have no licenses.
Running as admin.
Also get the error when checking updates with the update button.

Dimitris -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (11/5/2015 5:42:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParachuteProne

Running as admin.

Did you get the current version? (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3960114)

ParachuteProne -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (11/6/2015 1:33:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParachuteProne

Running as admin.

Did you get the current version? (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3960114)

It was latest on Matrix site (B757.2), I just updated to 1.09 Final Build 757.9
LV:1.001 licensed modules
Same problem though

ParachuteProne -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (11/8/2015 5:38:11 PM)

Still cannot get license to work. Game runs fine just cannot load included scenarios.
Tried installing 1.08 then 1.09 on top
Tried an earlier version then 1.09 on top
Tried just installing 1.09 final
Tried upgrading it to build 10
Deleted everything command related before each step.
Tried running as admin. Both exe and shortcut.
Tried many deletes, downloads and re-installs.
There are not many places to mess up.
Download/run installer/ enter serial # - (Do not have NI yet so left NI serial number blank)/Run framework installer(although it tells me I already have the latest). Closed that window. Clicked finish.
Only unusual part of the whole process is I install to E: instead of c: due to the fact that my PC vendor setup c: as a 2gb drive for windows. E: has 1.8 TB available.
Windows 10
Unless it's a problem with my account I'm at a loss.

mikmykWS -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (11/8/2015 7:24:08 PM)

Did you do a full install on the new computer or move a folder from another? If not please install using an installer, update as far as you can with the button and then apply the patches.

Thanks!

Mike

ParachuteProne -> RE: Having issues with 1.09? (11/8/2015 7:45:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Did you do a full install on the new computer or move a folder from another? If not please install using an installer, update as far as you can with the button and then apply the patches.

Thanks!

Mike

Did a complete new download and install from Matrix site.
The "Check for update" button gives me the same error others have reported so I have to download and install updates.
Path E:\Matrix Games\ Command Wargame of the year edition\

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI