Change Opponent? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

bbmike -> Change Opponent? (10/29/2015 8:48:26 PM)

When setting up A New Dawn Random Game is there a way to pick opponents instead of getting random ones?

bbmike -> RE: Change Opponent? (10/29/2015 9:11:51 PM)

Nevermind, I forgot you can click 'Edit' and then 'Reg' to set up the opponents. [sm=crazy.gif]

Twotribes -> RE: Change Opponent? (10/29/2015 9:39:38 PM)

Don't forget if you manually change the regime to find all the cities associated with the old regime and changing them to the new one. Or you wont have any cities for production.

bbmike -> RE: Change Opponent? (10/29/2015 9:45:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Don't forget if you manually change the regime to find all the cities associated with the old regime and changing them to the new one. Or you wont have any cities for production.

Thanks, and I also just noticed that nothing else changes. The leaders and units on the map stay the same as the old regime. There must be an easier way.

Tac2i -> RE: Change Opponent? (10/31/2015 1:39:56 AM)

I've always been a proponent of having an option that allows the player to select the regimes for his random games. Perhaps one day we will get that option.

bbmike -> RE: Change Opponent? (10/31/2015 3:56:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

I've always been a proponent of having an option that allows the player to select the regimes for his random games. Perhaps one day we will get that option.

I think the entire random game setup could use some love. Pick the regimes, selected what techs allowed, unit types allowed, # of cities, etc. [8D]

ernieschwitz -> RE: Change Opponent? (10/31/2015 6:29:05 PM)

Maybe. But I don't think it will be in this iteration of the game. Maybe in ATP?

The reason being that the stuff you are talking about would need to be hard coded, and the stuff that is now, is not. It is modable. I wish too that there was a simpler way to change opponents, but, alas, its not really possible unless you go through undoing alot of the process that set up the game, in the event code.

Ormand -> RE: Change Opponent? (11/1/2015 9:37:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

I second this desire

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI