[NEED SAVEGAME] Odd ASW behavior (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

gord96 -> [NEED SAVEGAME] Odd ASW behavior (10/30/2015 10:58:51 PM)

Hi all. Doing NI #2 and everything is going well, but all of a sudden all my ASW units (Nimrods and Choppers) are acting strange. They have sunk several soviet subs over the course of the mission, but now when I tell them to attack or they find a target in their patrol area they set plots for parts of the map that are nowhere near the target. It started with a Nimrod who I told to sink a Soviet sub, which he has done several times before and he did a 180 and flew to Ireland. When I try to cancel that plot he picks another random plot. Same with the choppers. They now all of a sudden are flying 100nm in the opposite direction when they pickup a contact.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

mikmykWS -> RE: Odd ASW behavior (10/30/2015 11:55:58 PM)

Exclusion zones or navigation can cause it but can tell you for sure unless we see it. Could you please post a save game?

Thanks!

Mike

michaelm75au -> RE: Odd ASW behavior (10/31/2015 12:09:50 AM)

If the contact is not locked down, they may be trying to isolate the target. Usually patrol planes when doing this are set to 'ignore plotted path'. [Check the mission setting, WRA] If the zone is large, they can seem to go out of their way ....[:D]
When a zone gets too large, I tend to drop the contact and let it be detected again if still within the patrol zone.

gord96 -> RE: Odd ASW behavior (11/2/2015 10:52:18 PM)

Thanks for the replies guys. Seemed to be an issue with the contacts in particular. Both were at one time hit with a torpedo, but I didn't get confirmation of destruction and they still were contacts. Not sure if that had something to do with it. Either way I just marked them a neutral and everything went back to normal.

strykerpsg -> RE: Odd ASW behavior (11/2/2015 11:56:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gord96

Thanks for the replies guys. Seemed to be an issue with the contacts in particular. Both were at one time hit with a torpedo, but I didn't get confirmation of destruction and they still were contacts. Not sure if that had something to do with it. Either way I just marked them a neutral and everything went back to normal.

This works best for me as well. Gordo, you're right that the various airborne assets will go far and appearingly away from your contact. When they do that, note the expanding yellow or red range ring that grows with time. While the AI is good, it still doesn't necessarily differentiate the difference between a submerged contact at sea or on land. It chases to the various lengths of the diameter of the growing circle. Once a contact goes more than about 2 hours old, I usually drop it. It then allows their dropped sonobuoys and dipping sonar to re-acquire a new contact, but that's not a guarantee.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI