Reforged issue (Steam Install) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support

TheWombat_matrixforum -> Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/12/2015 6:01:01 PM)

So, I bought Reforged on Steam. Got the key and registered here as well. I go to run the game, and while the scenarios show up in the game for choosing, when I try to run them I get a message saying I have to buy and install the expansion pack. Which I just did.

Soooo, how the heck to I actually play this thing?

EDIT: I should point out that the splash screen when I start the game is for Reforged. I redownloaded the whole shebang from Steam, and still it won't let me play the Reforged scenarios.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 6:27:32 PM)

Hi TheWombat,

Just to make sure we're on the same page, do you also have Red Storm via Steam and was it installed and working fine there before you purchased Germany Reforged? You can purchase either release through our store or Steam, but for both to work on Steam, you need both the base game and the expansion installed there.

Please also try renaming the flashpoint.ini in your installation folder to flashpoint.back and restart the game to see if that changes anything.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 6:33:39 PM)

Please also try deleting all the files in the game folder, then reinstalling through Steam.

TheWombat_matrixforum -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 6:57:17 PM)

I did all that. I've deleted and redownloaded it twice. It still shows the Reforged splash screen, and display the scenarios, but will not run them, telling me my version doesn't support them, and to buy the expansion. Which I already did. So, there's something wonky going on. Everything was working fine (base game) via Steam before this.

schmolywar -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 7:13:41 PM)

I have the same issue. Just bought the expansion.

niemand303 -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 7:15:07 PM)

Deleting .ini file doesn't help me too. I hope a working solution could be found soon. :)

schmolywar -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 7:46:39 PM)

Where is this ini. file to be found? I cant find it in my steam folder.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 8:28:32 PM)

For me on Steam it's located here, just change the drive letter to wherever you have Steam installed.

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm

schmolywar -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 8:31:56 PM)

Right so can you actually see the name ini. behind any files there?

spelk -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 8:32:54 PM)

I'm having the same issue, tried uninstalling/re-installing both the game and the DLC. Does it matter my original was the Players Edition? Also tried the renaming of the flashpoint.ini file, to no effect.

Here's the message:
[image]http://i.imgur.com/r9SE6uV.jpg[/image]

FCRS is reporting version 2.0.10. I see the Germany Reforged loader screen, before clicking Play Game.

schmolywar -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 8:35:01 PM)

Screenshot. Help me find where it it.

spelk -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 8:40:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: schmolywar

Screenshot. Help me find where it it.

It's the file labelled "flashpoint", your Windows must be set to hide file extensions- so you're not seeing the .ini, but that is the ini file.

schmolywar -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 8:44:28 PM)

Ok thanks. Yes it still does not solve the issue.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 9:18:31 PM)

Guys,

We need some info to track this glitch down.

1. When you start the game, do you see a new Reforged Launcher (brown, says Germany Reforged)?
2. Do you see a thank you dialog once the game starts (after the animations and in the splash screen)?
3. What Version of the game are you on?
4. Are you a new user or upgrading and adding Reforged?
5. Can you play Red Storm scenarios?
6. Is your Steam install in the default directory?
7. What OS are you on?
8. Are you an Admin on the system?
9. What language do you use?
10. Do you also own a Matrix registered copy of the game? If it updated to 2.0.10?

If you guys can get us these answers it will help us narrow down the glitch.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

RangerX3X -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 9:27:35 PM)

In the beta FCGR showed in the Registry Editor as installed to C:\Matrix Games…which is a no go for us Steam users. Is it possible that the Steam installer for the battle pack is looking for files in the wrong place such C:\Matrix?

schmolywar -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 9:28:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Guys,

1. When you start the game, do you see a new Reforged Launcher (brown, says Germany Reforged)? - Yes
2. Do you see a thank you dialog once the game starts (after the animations and in the splash screen)? - No
3. What Version of the game are you on? - 2.0.10
4. Are you a new user or upgrading and adding Reforged? Adding reforged. Not a new user.
5. Can you play Red Storm scenarios? - Yes
6. Is your Steam install in the default directory? - Yes
7. What OS are you on? - Windows 7
8. Are you an Admin on the system? - Yes
9. What language do you use? - Norwegian
10. Do you also own a Matrix registered copy of the game? If it updated to 2.0.10? - Mine is registred as the 2.09 beta. I deleted it after a while. I had to get my steam key and re-download it from there. So now only steam.

BTW im not sure what you mean with "thank you dialog". There is no thank you on the screen.

spelk -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 9:32:21 PM)

quote:

1. When you start the game, do you see a new Reforged Launcher (brown, says Germany Reforged)?

Yes.

quote:

2. Do you see a thank you dialog once the game starts (after the animations and in the splash screen)?

No.

quote:

quote:

Adding Reforged.

quote:

Yes.

quote:

Nope.

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm

quote:

7. What OS are you on?

Windows 8.1

quote:

Yes.

quote:

English (United Kingdom).

quote:

10. Do you also own a Matrix registered copy of the game? If it updated to 2.0.10?

Yes, but its not installed, just the Steam version.

Hope that helps.

RangerX3X -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 9:34:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: schmolywar

quote:

Guys,

1. When you start the game, do you see a new Reforged Launcher (brown, says Germany Reforged)? - Yes
2. Do you see a thank you dialog once the game starts (after the animations and in the splash screen)? - No
3. What Version of the game are you on? - 2.0.10
4. Are you a new user or upgrading and adding Reforged? Adding reforged. Not a new user.
5. Can you play Red Storm scenarios? - Yes
6. Is your Steam install in the default directory? - Yes
7. What OS are you on? - Windows 7
8. Are you an Admin on the system? - Yes
9. What language do you use? - Norwegian
10. Do you also own a Matrix registered copy of the game? If it updated to 2.0.10? - Mine is registred as the 2.09 beta. I deleted it after a while. I had to get my steam key and re-download it from there. So now only steam.

BTW im not sure what you mean with "thank you dialog". There is no thank you on the screen.

I think they mean this:

[image]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-L0km_SKbvFw/VkUTlO57RtI/AAAAAAAAbZo/obtatZ5LsgU/s912-Ic42/111215A.jpg[/image]

I get it now that I updated to 2.0.10 but I have yet to purchase the battle pack so I am not sure why it is there.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 9:37:04 PM)

RangerX3X, probably from the beta, but that may be a clue as well. I've got two guys on steam with the same MO. Not seeing the Thank You dialog, but seeing the reforged launcher.

TheWombat_matrixforum -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 9:55:06 PM)

quote:

Guys,

Yes

No

upgrading and adding

5. Can you play Red Storm scenarios?'

Yes

Yes

7. What OS are you on?

Win 7 64bit

Yes

English

I have it but it's not installed.

animaluk -> RE: Reforged issue (11/12/2015 10:04:33 PM)

Yes

No

upgrading and adding

Yes

Yes

7. What OS are you on?

Win 10 64bit

Yes

English

I have it but it's not installed.

quote:

We need some info to track this glitch down. 1. When you start the game, do you see a new Reforged Launcher (brown, says Germany Reforged)? Yes 2. Do you see a thank you dialog once the game starts (after the animations and in the splash screen)? No 3. What Version of the game are you on? 2.0.10 4. Are you a new user or upgrading and adding Reforged? upgrading and adding 5. Can you play Red Storm scenarios?' Yes 6. Is your Steam install in the default directory? Yes 7. What OS are you on? Win 7 64bit 8. Are you an Admin on the system? Yes 9. What language do you use? English 10. Do you also own a Matrix registered copy of the game? If it updated to 2.0.10? I have it but it's not installed. If you guys can get us these answers it will help us narrow down the glitch. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

howarca -> RE: Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/12/2015 11:00:27 PM)

Yes, though nothing in game after clicking launch refers to reforged
No
Upgrading/Adding
Yes
No- D: drive
7. What OS are you on?
Windows 10 64bit
No. Tried setting .exe to run as admin and got an error saying the game could not find steam and closed.
English
Not installed

Swiso -> RE: Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/12/2015 11:33:52 PM)

Yes

No

Upgrading and Adding

Yes

NO : E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

7. What OS are you on?

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Yes

Italian

I have it but not installed anymore after redeeming Steam key

CapnDarwin -> RE: Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/13/2015 12:10:15 AM)

Okay, we have figured out the problem with the authentication and we are working on a fix for the Steam version exe and hope to have the tested and turned around as soon as we can.

budd -> RE: Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/13/2015 12:50:36 AM)

purchased, installed update, installed reforged, same problem as everyone else. Looking forward to the fix. If you need any info holla.

thrudda -> RE: Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/13/2015 12:59:32 AM)

I guess it's the same authentication issue that we had with Command: Northern Inferno. Thanks for finding a fix, Capn.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/13/2015 1:37:49 AM)

Budd, are you on the steam version as well?

budd -> RE: Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/13/2015 1:46:03 AM)

yes sir, steam version. just freezes at the cdkey screen, then the steam client bootstrapper stops working and i cant shutdown steam, says to shutdown FPRS first. When i look in the task manager only process running game related is the automenu, which im guessing is for FPC, which i cant shutdown using end process.Have to reboot system.

Win7 64

TheWombat_matrixforum -> RE: Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/13/2015 1:48:25 AM)

Cool. I knew it'd be fixed, once it was clear I wasn't the only one with the problem http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/micons/m11.gif. Stuff happens.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Reforged issue (Steam Install) (11/13/2015 1:50:42 AM)

Budd, you have a different problem from the rest. It sounds like you can't even start the game to get told you can't play the new scenarios. Might be worth doing a file integrity check as step one. Next would be to see if your steam version is fully up to date. Then go for delete local game files and download again and reinstall.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI