2 problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support

viperdave -> 2 problems (11/14/2015 4:57:35 PM)

1. This is universal for all your games I have. I bought a new computer last year running windows 8 and on all the games I have I click on check for updates and it will check for it says there is a new one start to do its thing and then get some kind of messages stating could not find Something?( I have not run it for a while so I don't know exactly what it says. I just update the games manually.

2. I updated this game and now on the first screen that comes up with the different options to choose I will choose either game manual or the tutorial or whats new and it wont do anything. it seams like it lost the link to these files. The game will start when I select play game.

thanks
dave

CapnDarwin -> RE: 2 problems (11/14/2015 6:59:22 PM)

Viperdave,

1. That is the Updater software from Matrix. I can't get it to run without pausing my AV and in the case last night allowing the updater to work with windows firewall (which I didn't even know was on). It then updated itself and then downloaded the file for the game. For tech support on this item go to Matrix's Tech support and open a ticket. That one is out of our hands.

2. Are you doing Red Storm or Germany Reforged? Is your game Steam or Matrix version? Once you are in the game you can get to those PDFs via the help menu.

viperdave -> RE: 2 problems (11/15/2015 12:10:21 AM)

I am using red storm. I updated it with the latest version. I am using matrix version, I am NOT using steam for this game. I can get the info while in game using help menu.
dave

CapnDarwin -> RE: 2 problems (11/15/2015 12:14:40 AM)

Thanks for the update.

Erik Rutins -> RE: 2 problems (11/15/2015 11:48:14 AM)

It sounds to me like in both instances something may be interfering with the Game Menu. 99.9% of the time in these cases, the cause is overly aggressive anti-virus software. In some cases, disabling it temporarily is enough, or an exception can be granted to the autorun.exe and game exe or the whole game folder. In other cases though, we've found some virus programs are so persistently over-aggressive and ignore their own "disable/ignore" settings that the only solution is to uninstall them and replace them with better behaved ones.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI